LMDE 6 mysql workbench

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
roger06
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE 6 mysql workbench

Post by roger06 »

Hi

Just switched to LDME 6 after years on Ubuntu. On Ubuntu I installed mysql Workbench as quickly and easily as any other software, but on LMDE it's proving a ridiculous nightmare. Where is it? It's not on the software centre, not in APT, not on Flathub. Their site has a .deb (tho stated for Ubuntu) which I assumed would be fine, but it fails with dependency errors.

Do I really have to give in and use snap? As web searches seem to state that's the only way.

I'm assuming there's a repo I can add to install it, but I can't find one! Can anyone please help? I'm generally enjoying Mint but all this wasted time is making me think about going back to Ubuntu!
Last edited by SMG on Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to LMDE forum.
roger06
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE 6 mysql workbench

Post by roger06 »

I gave in and installed snap - which was kinda the whole point of moving away from Ubuntu... Oh well. :(
hjv
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE 6 mysql workbench

Post by hjv »

LMDE only has Debian repositories and Flapaks by default. The Ubuntu version of Mint Cinnamon has Debian, Ubuntu, and Flatpaks. So if it is not in the Flatpak or Debian repositories for LMDE, you will have to find another way not limited to Snaps or AppImages. Mint's Ubuntu version gives you Ubuntu packages too but it may not be enough sometimes. For me, LMDE works great because I may not need special software for now anyway. Another good choice is MX Linux KDE for me anyway.

Return to “Software & Applications”