Linux Mint "Install Mint" App Not Working

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MyNameIsToday
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint "Install Mint" App Not Working

Post by MyNameIsToday »

I booted into Linux Mint 6 Cinnamon 32-Bit, and when I try to use the install app on the desktop it doesn't open. I double click, and try right clicking and pressing open, but nothing. I tried looking at the command it uses, went to the terminal and typed it, but that didn't work either. I am using an HP Pavilion dv400. I'm not sure about anything else to do with the computers hardware. It was designed for Windows XP too. If any more information is needed, ask.
Last edited by SMG on Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to LMDE forum because that is the only "Linux Mint 6" currently available.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Linux Mint "Install Mint" App Not Working

Post by all41 »

MyNameIsToday wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:37 pm I booted into Linux Mint 6 Cinnamon 32-Bit, and when I try to use the install app on the desktop it doesn't open. I double click, and try right clicking and pressing open, but nothing. I tried looking at the command it uses, went to the terminal and typed it, but that didn't work either. I am using an HP Pavilion dv400. I'm not sure about anything else to do with the computers hardware. It was designed for Windows XP too. If any more information is needed, ask.
Try opening a terminal and entering:

Code: Select all

ubiquity
copy/paste those results here
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.

Return to “Installation & Boot”