ASUS FX502VD

Questions about other topics and general discussion about LMDE
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amadhatter
Level 1
Level 1

ASUS FX502VD

Post by amadhatter »

I did a fresh install of LMDE6 on my ASUS FX502VD and had no installation issues.

I have since added the Gnome Desktop Environment and all the apps and extensions that I usually use, and everything is working 100%. Haven't come across any issues at all. [famous last words lol]
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Yamelesswrench
Level 2
Level 2

Re: ASUS FX502VD

Post by Yamelesswrench »

I am curious, why? it seems that if you wanted Gnome 3 one would just install Debian 12 bookworm?

Whats the advantage of building on LMDE6 ? no snark genuinely curious.

I installed LMDE 6 beta2 last night so far everything is peachy.
amadhatter
Level 1
Level 1

Post by amadhatter »

Sorry for the long time in replying, I don't think I got notified of your reply.

It is a reasonable question. I am not a techie, so I had tried Debian and found it difficult to install. LMDE 6 was easy to install.

I should add that I had since installed Debian a different way which was easier, but I just don't think it ran as well as LMDE 6. I may be wrong.
amadhatter
Level 1
Level 1

Post by amadhatter »

I am back having tried Debian Bookworm out. It is a good distro and generally, it worked well. However, there was an update recently that knocked my machine off. I think it was to do with Nvidia drivers. That made me a bit wary. I also had an issue with my machine switching off but the power light staying on.

Coming back to LMDE with Gnome, everything seems to just work. There are no issues, so far. As I said in my earlier post, I am not a techie so I can't really explain why, but my experience is better on LMDE with Gnome than on Debian. It may be different for others.

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”