GSX 1000 - Mono Sound Only [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LikeADarnFiddle
Level 1
Level 1

GSX 1000 - Mono Sound Only [SOLVED]

Post by LikeADarnFiddle »

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Mint & have been having issues with a GSX-1000 I have recently picked up. All audio is sent as mono audio with the volume being controlled by the chat scroll on the right side of the device. I have tried using the solution(s) listed in evilphish's sennheiser-gsx-1000 github (https://github.com/evilphish/sennheiser-gsx-1000) both via the install.sh & the manual install - I have noticed with both that, when the command

Code: Select all

pacmd list-sinks | grep -e 'index:' -e device.string -e 'name: '
is ran, rather than listing two separate outputs for 7.1 surround sound & mono chat, instead the only GSX-1000 related output is

<alsa_output.usb-EPOS_EPOS_GSX_1000_Speaker_A004550230701004-00.mono-fallback>
- seemingly a fallback for when both 7.1 & mono fail.

-I am currently using 64-bit Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
-Device is listed as

Device-4: Sennheiser EPOS GSX 1000 Speaker type: USB driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid
    bus-ID: 1-3:3 chip-ID: 1395:00b1 class-ID: 0300 serial: <filter>
in the system reports - system information menu

If any other information is required, please let me know - I am more than happy to assist you in solving this in any way I can.
[Side note: I accidentally didn't put this in the sound subsection originally - whoops lol]

Solved: ID-10T error, cleared in troubleshooting that I didn't think to do until doing more reading - specifically, the Surround Sound subsection of the sound issue troubleshooting post. Sorry for the wasted bandwith, everyone. I'll leave this as a monument to my pea-brain & in case anyone else goes through the same process o7
It was also an issue with this being, unknown to me, a GSX 1000 v2 - which has a different hardware ID(?) of 00b1 rather than 005E, causing it to not be used properly

Return to “Sound”