Sid Meier's Civilization games

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Sid Meier's Civilization games

Post by MurphCID »

I am a BIG fan of the Sid Meier's Civilization series of games, but certain ones stand out as the best of the best. IMHO they are:

Alpha Centauri- Engrossing game play, superb diplomacy, excellent tech tree, just worth hours and hours of play, if it still worked I would be playing it today. Nothing else comes close. Excellent factions, believable tech, just incredible. By far the best, the very very best of the Sid Meier games.

Civilization V- Again hours and hours of great play, just solid, well made and still on my systems, and it works with Linux!

Civilization VI- Not as good as Civ V, but I still have almost 2,400 hours played on this according to Steam. Works on Linux as well.

Less good, but still playable:

Civilization: Beyond Earth- A pale shadow of the greatness that was Alpha Centauri. Just cannot hold a candle to Alpha Centauri on any front except graphics. Sort of like sitting down at a great looking meal, and finding that everything was never seasoned and is just bland. I play it, but I dream for Alpha Centauri 2. It works on Linux in steam.

Civilization IV- A good one, lots of lost hours spent playing this one. It works on Linux as well. But not as great as Civilization V.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Sid Meier's Civilization games

Post by MiZoG »

Disastrously addictive :lol:
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Post by coffee412 »

Ill have to give them a try. The only game I have installed is warzone2100.

I used to play that with a friend over the net in England. We would have massive battles and loads of fun.
Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

They are horribly addictive if you like that sort of game.
greengnome
Level 2
Level 2

Post by greengnome »

Same here and I agree with you about Alpha Centauri, that game had something special. And then I'm not only talking about the fact that it had a Linux version already way back then.

Return to “Gaming”