Can't watch flv videos on Photobucket

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jpete

Can't watch flv videos on Photobucket

Post by jpete »

I have a few videos I put on Photobucket. They seem to be flv format and when I try to watch them, Firefox just "grays out" and locks up.

I tried looking for codecs but didn't seem to find anything. I don't even know what the problem is really. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Can't watch flv videos on Photobucket

Post by remoulder »

In FF preferences what application is set for Flash Video on the Applications tab?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

If you plan on keeping Linux you should find a different site.

I got it to work in the past but it was far from optimal.

The videos took forever to load.

But I haven't been able to get it working since then.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Mark and Jeff, the videos do play if you wait long enough, about 2 mins but wasn't timing, hardly usable though! Tried changing the user agent and allow 3rd party links but still same. Maybe another site that doesn't like linux?

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
jpete

Post by jpete »

remoulder wrote:In FF preferences what application is set for Flash Video on the Applications tab?
Gecko-mediaplayer
jpete

Post by jpete »

markcynt wrote:If you plan on keeping Linux you should find a different site.

I got it to work in the past but it was far from optimal.

The videos took forever to load.

But I haven't been able to get it working since then.
Any suggestions. I don't necessarily care. I only have a few videos on there from when I was using XP. I just happened to try to watch them the other day. I suppose I could just use YouTube. That seems fine.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

jpete wrote:Gecko-mediaplayer
You could try installing vlc and set the preference to ask, then when it does choose vlc. Might work, might not, or as Mark says, find another site.

markcynt

Post by markcynt »

jpete wrote:Any suggestions. I don't necessarily care. I only have a few videos on there from when I was using XP. I just happened to try to watch them the other day. I suppose I could just use YouTube. That seems fine.
I don't do much video uploading either.

I use YouTube
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

Photobucket announced months ago they were dropping support for linux. How exactly this is so, since it just holds our images and videos, all in formats we have no troubel understanding, but i've found it harder and harder to use. I need to boot into a windows machine one day, and pull all of my stuff back, the place is near useless now.

Return to “Sound”