newbie - hello

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jezza
Level 1
Level 1

newbie - hello

Post by jezza »

Hi Minty's or Minters,

jezza from the South coast here, just posting a 'how do' whilst I have a massive read of he board and settle in.\

I will be installing Mint at some point on two PC's that are currently Win 10 machines, when support stops for the OS in Oct 2025. I may possible dual boot on the desktop as it has two HD's prior to that date tho'

I have used Mint before and ran an install, (as a side project) a few years back at my last position in the world of work. I am quite visually impaired, it happened 2020, eye stroke) but I reckon an install will be doable - it's not rocket science.

Mint was my Distro of choice after a week of countless trials. Manjaro was ok with a weird now not updated version based incredibly on a Chinese, (really) GUI - Can't recall the details now.

But LinuxMint is the OS I will be using to replace Win 10. (the devices aren't Win 11 compatible etc..)

Ok, that's me.

j
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: newbie - hello

Post by kc1di »

Hello jezza,
Welcome to the Linux Mint Forum. Enjoy the journey! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome to the forums!
jezza
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jezza »

Cheers and thanks! I see you have an irc channel, I'm on my iMac atm, so just refreshing my memory on using it.

From the beginning.

It's been years...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”