Bluetooth mouse is not detected

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rubinho
Level 1
Level 1

Bluetooth mouse is not detected

Post by rubinho »

Can anyone help me get my mouse to work on my Ideapad Gaming 3i? I put it in dual-boot with the Win11 that already came with it, and my mouse works fine in Win11, but in Mint it doesn't appear at all.

My mouse is a VT M10 (Aliexpress), I've already tested its 2 Bluetooth modes but none of them worked, it doesn't appear in the search for Bluetooth devices. The only way it works is using the USB receiver in 2.4G mode.

Using the "inxi --E" command, it shows:
Bluetooth: Device-1: Intel AX201 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb

I also tested it on Ubuntu (running directly from the pendrive) and it doesn't appear on the list either. And the Linux Mint installation is new, I haven't installed anything yet.
KodiakCanoe
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Bluetooth mouse is not detected

Post by KodiakCanoe »

You could try using the terminal, the basic commands are listed here: https://www.makeuseof.com/manage-blueto ... etoothctl/
rubinho
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rubinho »

KodiakCanoe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:50 pm You could try using the terminal, the basic commands are listed here: https://www.makeuseof.com/manage-blueto ... etoothctl/
It didn't work either. It can only find my smartphone, but the mouse cannot find it at all.
KodiakCanoe
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KodiakCanoe »

I had similar problems with my logitech m720.
What worked for me was to start the scan in the terminal, and with the mouse in pairing mode I put the mouse directly on top of the bluetooth antenna (mine is external). Once it saw the mouse and was paired+trusted it seemed to work OK using the bluetooth applet in the panel.
I had fresh batteries in the mouse so I'm not sure what the issue was, maybe just the cheap bluetooth adapter. With the logitech usb radio receiver it worked with no issues. Good Luck!
KodiakCanoe
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KodiakCanoe »

Another post here with some troubleshooting steps:

viewtopic.php?t=416363

Return to “Networking”