KPatience problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
godanov
Level 1
Level 1

KPatience problem

Post by godanov »

on my desktop I have been having problems for months KPatience relatedly flickered each second my two laptops re fine
kato181
Level 9
Level 9

Re: KPatience problem

Post by kato181 »

Please read the forum rules with regards to Sect 5. Information is required of the system you are using. Please post the system info back here. Games are the responsibility of the creators. There are other solitaire games in the Software Manager under Games, as Aisleriot and Gnome-games.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: KPatience problem

Post by Hoser Rob »

kato181 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:45 am .... There are other solitaire games in the Software Manager under Games, as Aisleriot and Gnome-games.
Yeah, because if you're using one of the supported Mint desktops, they're all GTK based. When you installed Kpatience, if that was the first KDE app you installed, you likely pulled in a ton of KDE dependency libraries. They're not harmful per se but they take up a lot of disk space.

I run Gnome now but KDE was my daily driver for years. I mostly installed GTK/Gnome app software. There are only a couple of KDE programs that I think would be worth all that overhead, Okular and Kdenlive. And I don't even use Kdenlive now, it's too complex for my needs. Kpatience is definitely not on that list.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Software & Applications”