Sd drive doesn't work with mint but fully functions in windows

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Greyhound
Level 1
Level 1

Sd drive doesn't work with mint but fully functions in windows

Post by Greyhound »

Hi have been a linux user now for some years and my go to distro is always mmint.problem is it wont detect the sd drive on my hp laptop have tried it on an acer laptop sane thing doesn't matter what version of mint including most resent same thing. Is it a driver thing or is mint just not able to detect and use sd drives
Any ideas would be welcomed thanks guys
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Sd drive doesn't work with mint but fully functions in windows

Post by coffee412 »

Is this an external drive? From your post I am assuming it is. If its an internal drive then can you post your hardware profile?

Type this in term window and paste to post. Then highlight the output and click the </> above.

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxpmrz
Try this and capture the output and paste here with the </> button above.

Start up linux. Open a term window. We are going to watch the log(s) in real time as you plug in the external SD.

Type in:

Code: Select all

tail -f /var/log/syslog
Now plug in the external device and watch your term window as it outputs some discovery data to the screen.

Copy and paste the new output here. If there is some type of problem it should give clues there. Otherwise we will keep going.
Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36

Return to “Storage”