Any native tinnitus therapy applications for Linux

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AMRoberts
Level 1
Level 1

Any native tinnitus therapy applications for Linux

Post by AMRoberts »

Does anyone know of tinnitus therapy applications that I could run on my Mint desktop? I appreciate that "tinnitus therapy" covers a lot of ground, and that there are many for iPhones and Android devices ... I'd just prefer something that I could use without running through battery charge, or having to pull my phone out of my pocket and keep it tethered to power, when I'm working at the desk.

Thanks for any pointers,
Alan
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Any native tinnitus therapy applications for Linux

Post by Hoser Rob »

Did you try just searching "linux tinnitus therapy applications"? I just did and got nothing at all. Honestly I'm not surprised.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Knightstmplr1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Knightstmplr1 »

Hoser Rob wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 am Did you try just searching "linux tinnitus therapy applications"? I just did and got nothing at all. Honestly I'm not surprised.
AMRoberts wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:48 pm Does anyone know of tinnitus therapy applications that I could run on my Mint desktop? I appreciate that "tinnitus therapy" covers a lot of ground, and that there are many for iPhones and Android devices ... I'd just prefer something that I could use without running through battery charge, or having to pull my phone out of my pocket and keep it tethered to power, when I'm working at the desk.

Thanks for any pointers,
Alan
Maybe the search I got in return on my Brave browser might be of some help? I ran what you wrote, "linux tinnitus therapy applications"

https://search.brave.com/search?q=linux ... source=web
AMRoberts
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AMRoberts »

Hoser Rob wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 am Did you try just searching "linux tinnitus therapy applications"? I just did and got nothing at all. ...
The tinnitus hasn't completely scrambled my brain (yet) :-). My searches returned overwhelming numbers of results that all seemed to be talking about iThingy/Android apps, along with the leading note, "Not many results contain linux." Forcing linux to be included resulted in a much smaller result set where nothing seemed to be about tinnitus.

Perhaps my search-fu isn't up to the task, but I appreciate that I'm looking for a niche solution. I was just hoping someone had already explored the country and found an answer.

Regards,
Alan
AMRoberts
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AMRoberts »

Knightstmplr1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:45 am ...

Maybe the search I got in return on my Brave browser might be of some help? I ran what you wrote, "linux tinnitus therapy applications"

https://search.brave.com/search?q=linux ... source=web
Wading through that now ... Still lots of iThing/Android apps, but I have spotted a couple of things that seem web-based. Perhaps I'll investigate those further.

Thanks,
Alan

Return to “Software & Applications”