Where can I find "sound themes"?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aselt
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I find "sound themes"?

Post by aselt »

I have the Cinnamon version of Linux Mint, and there's an application called "Themes" but apparently they don't include sounds, is there a separate "sound themes" application or something that I could use to safely download new "sound themes"?
PaulL
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Where can I find "sound themes"?

Post by PaulL »

Cinnamon > Settings > Sound > "Sound" tab.

If you click on the name of the sound file, you will be taken to the directory where it is stored, and where you could presumably copy your own files and use them.
aselt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aselt »

PaulL wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:43 pm Cinnamon > Settings > Sound > "Sound" tab.

If you click on the name of the sound file, you will be taken to the directory where it is stored, and where you could presumably copy your own files and use them.
I meant to ask if there's a sound theme "center" application like there is for Themes/Extensions
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Post by spamegg »

aselt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:42 am
PaulL wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:43 pm Cinnamon > Settings > Sound > "Sound" tab.

I meant to ask if there's a sound theme "center" application like there is for Themes/Extensions
There is not (in Cinnamon).
I believe MATE has that...
aselt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aselt »

spamegg wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:47 am
aselt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:42 am

There is not (in Cinnamon).
Would it be legal for me to boot MATE to download one from there to extract the sounds and put them on Cinnamon?
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

aselt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:53 am
spamegg wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:47 am [There is not (in Cinnamon).
Would it be legal for me to boot MATE to download one from there to extract the sounds and put them on Cinnamon?
You can't generally mix and match components from different desktops like that, I'd say 'legal' but probably not possible.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Beginner Questions”