Waydroid not starting

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ratpizza
Level 1
Level 1

Waydroid not starting

Post by ratpizza »

So I Installed Waydroid by the "sudo apt install waydroid"-command. However, when I try to run it (waydroid session start)
nothing happens and the terminal displays these messages:

17:44:51] WAYLAND_DISPLAY is not set, defaulting to "wayland-0"
[17:44:51] Wayland socket '/run/user/1000/wayland-0' doesn't exist; are you running a Wayland compositor?

I tried disabling GPU-accelaration as per the official instructions since I have an Nvidia-gpu but that changed nothing and I can't really seem to find any clear solution to this. So I thought maybe someone here has any suggestions?
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Waydroid not starting

Post by billyswong »

Waydroid is, for some ideological reason, only support "Wayland". At this moment, only LM 21.3 Cinnamon contains experimental support of Wayland, not ready for mainstream use. All other versions of Linux Mint does not support Wayland.
ratpizza
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Waydroid not starting

Post by ratpizza »

billyswong wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm Waydroid is, for some ideological reason, only support "Wayland". At this moment, only LM 21.3 Cinnamon contains experimental support of Wayland, not ready for mainstream use. All other versions of Linux Mint does not support Wayland.
Bummer. Oh, well, I can at least try the wayland-version.

Return to “Software & Applications”