hide the taskbar/panel when viewing desktop

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chudvlins
Level 1
Level 1

hide the taskbar/panel when viewing desktop

Post by Chudvlins »

I want to hid the taskbar/panel when I'm on my desktop, but have it visible when I'm in app like Chrome for example. I just want to view my wallpaper in all its glory while still having the functionality of the taskbar, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Basically I want it to be like intelligently hide panel but in reverse. Can anyone help me please?
Raycoupe
Level 4
Level 4

Re: hide the taskbar/panel when viewing desktop

Post by Raycoupe »

Chudvlins wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:32 pm I want to hid the taskbar/panel when I'm on my desktop, but have it visible when I'm in app like Chrome for example. I just want to view my wallpaper in all its glory while still having the functionality of the taskbar, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Basically I want it to be like intelligently hide panel but in reverse. Can anyone help me please?
I don't think that is possible with the options provided.
Alternative, there are extensions that can make your panel transparent.
Menu/Preferences/Extensions, click on the Download tab.
In the searchbox type Transparent and two extensions will show up.
Click the down arrow on the right to download.
Click on the Manage tab and in the list select your extensions.
Click + sign to activate, - sign to deactivate, click the cogwheels to adjust settings.

If you want to try both, don't activate them at the same time and just to be sure, logoff/logon to reload Cinnamon (or rightclick empty space on your panel/troubleshoot/restart Cinnamon).
Hardware, operating systems, software and networking are are nothing else than necessary, cumbersome and easily replaceable evils to store and provide data. Triple backup your data at least, twice on-site, and another copy off-site.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”