[closed] NetworkManager Applet bug

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hipporhinostricow

[closed] NetworkManager Applet bug

Post by hipporhinostricow »

Just a small thing, nothing major;
While the desktop is loading, if the applet detects a wireless connection, it shows a message ate top right of the desktop, which states, "to connect to a wireless network, click this bubble". However, as with the volume and brightness control bubbles, it fades when you mouse over the bubble. Of course, one can always easily connect from the icon in the tray, but it could be misleading for beginners.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: NetworkManager Applet bug

Post by Husse »

I've never seen that bubble.....
Without thinking I started my laptop but it is set to connect automatically to my wifi ....
viking777

Re: [undecided] NetworkManager Applet bug

Post by viking777 »

Damn, I have spent ages trying to click that bubble :lol: :lol:

hipporhinostricow is quite right though it is slightly annoying, particularly if you have a dual head set up, on my system the NM applet is on one computer and the 'bubble' appears on another one (the desktop is spread across both so in reality that is the same behaviour as hipporhinostricow reports).
Husse

Post by Husse »

Is it worth hunting down?
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Husse wrote:Is it worth hunting down?
Not my call. All I would say is this, there are far more profitable ways you could occupy your time, but if you are feeling bored?
Kendall

Re: [closed] NetworkManager Applet bug

Post by Kendall »

It would be particularly nice if the bubble said to click the tray icon instead. Is this an Ubuntu package?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Is this an Ubuntu package?
Nope - gnome
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Actually by the looks of it, it's Ubuntu's notify-osd incorrectly absorbing response notifications, as well as the ordinary no-response notifications.

Return to “Beginner Questions”