Wish I had installed Banshee the first day

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sudochicorycoffee

Wish I had installed Banshee the first day

Post by sudochicorycoffee »

Finally installed Banshee after seeing many favorable comments, and it is just what we needed here on the Linux 8 machine. Seems to offer quality and versatility.

Computer use by the tens of millions in 2010 seems pretty clearly to be (1) constant information gathering (2) streaming audio and video for entertainment and education. Computer tinkering and "surfing" were the 1990s thing (like radio dial twisting and tinkering were the thing in the 1920s). Like it or not, we're talking necessary appliance now. And with apps like Banshee and distros like Linux Mint 8, Linux is a competitor.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sudochicorycoffee

...and it remembers volume settings

Post by sudochicorycoffee »

I notice, gladly, that Banshee seems to remember volume settings properly. Even seems to keep the Application tab sound-slider setting from session to session (via the Mint Menu control panel). I have not had much luck getting browser plug-ins and other sound apps to keep the setting steady session to session, usually returns to maximum instead. Perhaps Banshee understands how to prevent that problem. I hope so.

I set the volume on the Banshee screen to about 30 percent and the computer volume to about 50 percent and it comes back to that every time, so far. A look at the Sound/Applications setting shows it staying at 50 percent, where I set it, too.

So I have made Banshee my default multimedia app to see how that works out. I notice on the Banshee website that they are going to fold the current F-Spot features into Banshee and make it truly a full multimedia app, photos too. They think they will make the remaining, separate F-Spot into some other, advanced photo app.

This is fine with me. But I use and will continue to use GIMP for all image tasks large or small.
ashwinhgtx

Re: Wish I had installed Banshee the first day

Post by ashwinhgtx »

You could checkout Songbird in case you get bored of Banshee. :D

Return to “Sound”