Losing Hope to ever use Linux

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bad_At_Linux
Level 1
Level 1

Losing Hope to ever use Linux

Post by Bad_At_Linux »

Hi.

I'm really hoping this doesn't come over as bad mouthing of the efforts people put in to make Linux more accessible but need to voice my experiences.

I've been working in IT for over 20 years and 98% of it has been on windows as it rules the user side of the it world. I've toyed with linux on multiple occasions even going so far as to setup a Fedora server running plex and nextcloud. Unfortunately multiple drive failures in a week put a end to that one and i moved over to TrueNAS since then, switching to Scale about 2 months back after running CORE for over 2 years.

So recently i bought a new notebook and figured since i keep hearing linux user base is growing and is becoming more "user friendly" lets give it a try, i'm not liking the direction windows 11 is going and won't be able to run windows 10 for ever so the sooner i learn a alternative the better.

Linux Mint kept coming up as one of the easiest to transfer to from windows so i figured let give it a go. Downloaded the latest version, dropped it on a flash drive and got to installing.

First off installing and 1st startup is a breeze notebook boots almost as fast as windows 11 but more than fast enough that in general use i barely recognize the difference.

Secondly general use like installing a browser surfing the web, etc, etc pretty much solved that and i can frankly recommend it for my parents up to that point.

Thirdly is where the issues start, frankly anything more than step 1 and 2 and either i'm to stupid to use linux (hence the username) or there is still a sh!t ton of work that needs to be done.

Just after installing i tried setting up a share as i needed to start transferring some files from my windows pc to my linux notebook. And all the trauma and flashbacks of struggling for days to get the simplest task done started coming back to me. I've read guides, i've followed tutorials, i've followed forums posts and after 5hours of struggling i still can't get a simple folder share done. Multiple times removing samba reinstalling it following a different method. Setting up a share manually in the smb.conf folder. Right clicking a folder and saying Share, nothing works.

I'm frankly to scared to go ask about it as i'll most likely get pointed to at least half the tutorials etc i've already followed and they don't work or again i'm to bad at linux to figure out confused i did wrong.

I'm bordering on going rainbows it put windows back on sell my sole but at least i can use my notebook the way i want to with a few simple click and tada it works, i don't have to what feels like learning how to be a master coder with all the commands that needs to be typed into terminal.

I can't even tell how much a dread trying to get apps working that i need that don't have a linux version (there is only 2 Garmin and outlook but i might be able to go outlook in the browser idk i'll see and yes i need outlook for exchange integration i can also do a VM just for that but what a waist of 50Gig hdd space) Garmin has bronze or something rating in wine or playonlinux can't remember which one i checked and forum post surrounding it doesn't give me hope.

Just a simple it guys honest 1st experience trying to move over to linux.

Please don't tell me it's hard cause i'm new to it, i can explain to my 71 year old dad how to share a folder in windows and it will work. If i can't get it to work after 5 hours of reading and watching guides and tutorials there is no way that it's only hard cause i'm new.

Anyway thanks for the progress made sofar at least maybe i'll stay, maybe i'll sell my sole to windows for ease of use idk yet.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Loosing Hope to ever use Linux

Post by altair4 »

Just after installing i tried setting up a share as i needed to start transferring some files from my windows pc to my linux notebook. And all the trauma and flashbacks of struggling for days to get the simplest task done started coming back to me. I've read guides, i've followed tutorials, i've followed forums posts and after 5hours of struggling i still can't get a simple folder share done. Multiple times removing samba reinstalling it following a different method. Setting up a share manually in the smb.conf folder. Right clicking a folder and saying Share, nothing works.
I sincerely hope the HowTo's you used is not one of mine:

Share Folders using Samba in Home Network with Mint 21: viewtopic.php?t=377372

EDIT: Should you have any issues with this please post the output of the following commands:

Code: Select all

testparm -s

net usershare info --long
And please provide the version of Windows you are using.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Bad_At_Linux
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Bad_At_Linux »

altair4 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:07 pm

No it wasn't one of the ones i tried. I found it but the repleis to the post didn't look very favorable so i skipped it.

Before i spend possible hours following a topic i read the replies to see if it worked for anybody and how many it worked for cs how many didn't and the helped me vs other ratio on the comments had me put it in the backburner for if all else fails.

But i got to the had enough phase before i got to the lets try the last resorts and closed all my browser windows relating to samba.

Honsetly i rebooted my notebook and my windows pc and suddenly it seems to work. I have no idea what changed as i rebooted before and it did bugger all, but now it works. Still not sure

testparm -s

Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
Loaded services file OK.
Weak crypto is allowed

Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

# Global parameters
[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	logging = file
	map to guest = Bad User
	max log size = 1000
	obey pam restrictions = Yes
	pam password change = Yes
	panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
	passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	server role = standalone server
	server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
	unix password sync = Yes
	usershare allow guests = Yes
	usershare owner only = No
	idmap config * : backend = tdb

[printers]
	browseable = No
	comment = All Printers
	create mask = 0700
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes

[print$]
	comment = Printer Drivers
	path = /var/lib/samba/printers

[Share]
	force user = myuser
	path = /Shares
	read only = No

net usershare info --long

[myuser_Public]
path=/home/myuser/Public
comment=
usershare_acl=Everyone:R,mynotebook-X1\myuser:F,
guest_ok=n
I connect from Windows10.

Clearly something worked, i'm going to save your link in my guides for fresh install bookmark and try it when i format and reload after figuring out how to make everything work the 1st time to make sure i don't leave stuff enabled or installed that isn't needed.

But as mentioned in a reply in your post, Why in 2024 after 30 years of linux do i still need to type at least 7 commands in the terminal, edit a text config file manually, and again type terminal command to change ownership of folders to share a folder ...

I get it that for people that have been using linux for years, decades, etc it is 2nd nature to type terminal commands and you don't flinch when you see them, it part of linux, but for anybody that you are trying to win over that comes from Windows as soon as terminal commands start popping up most peoples eyes glaze over they format and reinstall windows.

Another group i'm active on i asked how many people daily Linux and the 1st response i got was, i barely type that much in emails why would i type that much in terminals to make basic stuff work.

Anyway thank you for the link i will definitely follow it, when i format after i got everything figured out and try a as clean as possible install for the install i'll be using.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pm

No it wasn't one of the ones i tried. I found it but the repleis to the post didn't look very favorable so i skipped it.
You have a nice day.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pmBefore i spend possible hours following a topic i read the replies to see if it worked for anybody and how many it worked for cs how many didn't and the helped me vs other ratio on the comments had me put it in the backburner for if all else fails.
Welcome to the forum, Bad_At_Linux.

That is a rather interesting way of determining value in an topic and not one that I would recommend using. We do not have a system in place to record who has or has not been helped. Many people who are helped never register on the forum so they are not eligible to post. They do not need to register because the tutorial answered their issue and they went on their way.
Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pmBut as mentioned in a reply in your post, Why in 2024 after 30 years of linux do i still need to type at least 7 commands in the terminal, edit a text config file manually, and again type terminal command to change ownership of folders to share a folder ...
That is not relevant at all to the tutorial. Users on this forum volunteer their time to help others. They are not responsible for the code so ranting at them is rather rude.
Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pm... but for anybody that you are trying to win over that comes from Windows...
No one is trying to win anyone over. If you want to learn a new-to-you operating system, then Linux Mint is available as one to try.
Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pm...as soon as terminal commands start popping up most peoples eyes glaze over they format and reinstall windows.
Yes, people tend to retreat to what they know how to do rather than spend time learning something new. Not everyone has the time to learn something new. I know I wouldn't want to spend time learning how to format and re-install Windows.
Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pmAnother group i'm active on i asked how many people daily Linux and the 1st response i got was, i barely type that much in emails why would i type that much in terminals to make basic stuff work.
This forum has over 40,000 registered users and many don't ever use the terminal. They are not networking with Windows computers so they do not have to work around the problems Windows has put in place like you have had to do.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:29 pm

I can't even tell how much a dread trying to get apps working that i need that don't have a linux version (there is only 2 Garmin and outlook but i might be able to go outlook in the browser idk i'll see and yes i need outlook for exchange integration i can also do a VM just for that but what a waist of 50Gig hdd space) Garmin has bronze or something rating in wine or playonlinux can't remember which one i checked and forum post surrounding it doesn't give me hope.
I have never been able to make Garmin Express run on anything except Win10/11
that and TurboTax are the only reasons that I keep the Original NVME drive on this laptop in the original Windows OS.

Even tried to run Windows in a VM, but Garmin Express can't see the GPS

I installed a 2nd SSD drive for Linux Mint.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
TaterChip
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TaterChip »

Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:29 pm Just after installing i tried setting up a share as i needed to start transferring some files from my windows pc to my linux notebook. And all the trauma and flashbacks of struggling for days to get the simplest task done started coming back to me. I've read guides, i've followed tutorials, i've followed forums posts and after 5hours of struggling i still can't get a simple folder share done. Multiple times removing samba reinstalling it following a different method. Setting up a share manually in the smb.conf folder. Right clicking a folder and saying Share, nothing works.
I typed out a detailed post on how to get Samba working with a win10 machine.

Here is the link. Hope it helps

viewtopic.php?p=2366702&hilit=samba#p2366702
When it comes to your data... two is one, one is none!
RollyShed
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RollyShed »

Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:29 pmI've been working in IT for over 20 years
OK, a new comer. I started in electronics 70 years ago as a kid making a valve (tube) radio kitset.
I needed to start transferring some files from my Windows pc to my Linux notebook.
I do a lot of that and it is very very simple.
Go to -
https://dukto.en.softonic.com/?ex=RAMP-2046.2
Download the app.
Install it on the Windows computer.

However, even the Linux version won't work on the latest version of Linux Mint !!! So?

Simple, install WINE. Download the Windows version to the Linux laptop.
Click on the file and nothing will happen except the box saying "now what?" or words to that effect. At the bottom of the box is a panel so write WINE in it. OK and the MS version of Dukto will install as if on a Windows machine.

Simple.

Open Dukto on both machines and there s hold be 3 boxes showing. On the sending machine click on the lower box and drag & drop the files and/or folders.

They will go to Downloads by default unless you tell them to go somewhere else on the receiving computer.

When I do an installation (over 50 laptops so far) I install it as one of the additional apps.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:29 pm after 5hours of struggling i still can't get a simple folder share done.
Next time you find yourself struggling, do yourself a favour and ask on the forum 4.5 hours earlier than you did this time. We're here to help, but we can't do that if you won't let us.
Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pm Why in 2024 after 30 years of linux do i still need to type at least 7 commands in the terminal, edit a text config file manually, and again type terminal command to change ownership of folders to share a folder ...
Because graphical user interfaces differ. Terminal commands are much more universal, so in a tutorial it's a lot more efficient to give terminal commands and not GUI methods. They should work, no matter which customised interface the user has on their machine.

Folder ownership, for example, can easily be handled in the GUI. But the method may differ slightly depending on your installed desktop environment.
Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pm Another group i'm active on i asked how many people daily Linux and the 1st response i got was, i barely type that much in emails why would i type that much in terminals to make basic stuff work.
Yeah, that's the prejudice in action. Months and months go by without me ever opening a terminal. It's a powerful tool, sure, but in almost all cases you don't HAVE to use it. Mint has GUI tools for pretty much everything.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pm No it wasn't one of the ones i tried. I found it but the repleis to the post didn't look very favorable so i skipped it.
I suggest you go back and review that. altair4 is one of two "experts" we have on the forum on all things samba. Given his response I think you may now be on your own.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Bad_At_Linux
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Bad_At_Linux »

Guys thanks for all the replies i am honestly not trying to diss anybody or disregard the effort and time a lot of forum members and developers volunteer on forums like these.

My main point i was trying to make and i know terminal commands are more universal but isn't a GUI jsut a pretty way of building the terminal command and then running it in the back ground, so if you can type it to work, why can't the GUI build it correctly?

Most work environments and even home lab environments are a mix bag so i can't see how you can just blatantly disregard the a person might need to share with windows. If the function doesn't work from the right click menu then why is it there in the 1st place, or at least state when you use the right click function that this is for linux to linux sharing only for windows shares please follow x guide.

I really like learning things but what i don't like is struggling with something that a guide shows should be 3 clicks and a done (yes i didn't use the guide linked above) or even worse following a terminal guide typing strings of commands and even then the guide not working.

By trying to win people over i barely meant that i'm sure most of you using Linux on daily bases would like to see wider support from software and hardware developers and the only way that will happen is getting more people to use Linux. Getting the basics working out the box so to speak has made huge wins in that area already.

Just look at how many game dev houses are doing native Linux games now after steam put in the effort to get people to buy a linux os device that could bring in 1,2,3 million new users for the games. (yes i know steam has money, etc, etc and a lot of linux projects is community supported)

Take TrueNAS Scale as a example, yes it's a OS that is kinda designed to be a file sharing power house but file shares in that one windows linux what ever is a few clicks and done.

It just feels like the Linux community is stuck on "The Terminal is good enough" so why fix the gui issues.Someone googling can stumble upon a forum post to guide them to fix a issue that seems like it should work from the menu.

It kinda feels like lets say Rivian with the R1T made a indicator stick but flicking it seems like it does nothing but it makes the indicators visible to other Rivian uses but other car users no for that you have to open the bonnet flick 3 switches, remove two fuses and install a relay.

Anyway before this sounds like a rant let me say again ...

Thank you to everybody that volunteers time and knowledge on the forums and to develop Linux further and to make guides etc

Now that i "Fixed" the sharing issue my notebook is basically running i don't need much more fancy stuff. I'm trying one or tow more options for Garmin that i've found that works with other apps if that doesn't work then i'll install garmin on the misses windows tablet and let it update from there.

For now Mint runs Mint ...
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Bad_At_Linux,
I can't add much to this conversation but Welcome to the Linux Mint forum, enjoy! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Bad_At_Linux wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:37 am My main point i was trying to make and i know terminal commands are more universal but isn't a GUI jsut a pretty way of building the terminal command and then running it in the back ground, so if you can type it to work, why can't the GUI build it correctly?
Not sure what exactly you mean, but it feels like you missed the gist:
you'll see terminal commands used a lot in tutorials and help requests, because it's the easier and more universal way to explain something. It doesn't mean that you, as a user, can't do that same thing with the GUI.
i can't see how you can just blatantly disregard
Please keep in mind that you are mostly talking to other users here. Users who are volunteering our time to help you.
It just feels like the Linux community is stuck on "The Terminal is good enough" so why fix the gui issues.
I can't agree with that. If the terminal were good enough, Mint would not be full of GUI solutions.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Infidelus
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Losing Hope to ever use Linux

Post by Infidelus »

Just from a personal perspective from someone who used to do Windows technical support and has been a Linux user (for about 7 years now) I actually prefer the terminal in a lot of instances. I find it particularly useful for configuring Linux Mint after a fresh install. I have, over time, built up a script of software I want installed and settings I want configured. So now, after getting the base install done, all I do is run the script and it installs all the other bits of software I use, sets my desktop how I want it and symlinks to settings I have stored elsewhere.

I could do pretty much all of this the GUI way, and did in the beginning, but it would probably take me an extra 1/2 hour or more.

My point is, the terminal is not your enemy. It can be very useful, but you don't have to use it too much if you don't want to and the GUI tools are there for most cases if you just look for them.
Gaming exclusively on Linux since 2017. Windows can suck it!
TaterChip
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TaterChip »

Moem wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:21 am
Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pm Another group i'm active on i asked how many people daily Linux and the 1st response i got was, i barely type that much in emails why would i type that much in terminals to make basic stuff work.
Yeah, that's the prejudice in action. Months and months go by without me ever opening a terminal. It's a powerful tool, sure, but in almost all cases you don't HAVE to use it. Mint has GUI tools for pretty much everything.
I am full time Linux. The only terminal command I know and have used is xkill. If it cant be done in a GUI, I don't do it. So yeah, definitely a prejudice by the person in the group. I have found after purging myself of windows knowledge, Linux Mint is actually easier to use.
Neophyte
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Neophyte »

Working on Windows for 20 years does not necessarily translate to Linux. And you only think Windows is easier because you have used it for 20 years. I can guarantee you, that opening folders is not as easy as you think. There are kids getting to college today who can not even wrap their head around a nested file structure (folders inside of folders) because they grew up with a phone or tablet as their primary or only electronic device.

If you want to learn Linux, just install it and force yourself to use it. If you dual boot or whatever, every time you run into a road block, you will just go running back to Windows.

(Also, It is Soul not Sole.)
Patience is a virtue, but there are no saints left in this world.
TaterChip
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TaterChip »

Bad_At_Linux wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:37 am Most work environments and even home lab environments are a mix bag so i can't see how you can just blatantly disregard the a person might need to share with windows. If the function doesn't work from the right click menu then why is it there in the 1st place, or at least state when you use the right click function that this is for linux to linux sharing only for windows shares please follow x guide.
The first six months of my journey I spent with win10 as my everyday driver, and a MX Linux machine as my media server machine. I was communicating with it on a daily basis. I had to learn how, and thus the reason for my step by step post in that other thread to help another user out. One of the main things to remember is you HAVE to whitelist Samba in your firewall if its turned on. Otherwise you'll pull your hair out because they will never talk otherwise.
By trying to win people over i barely meant that i'm sure most of you using Linux on daily bases would like to see wider support from software and hardware developers and the only way that will happen is getting more people to use Linux. Getting the basics working out the box so to speak has made huge wins in that area already.
It took me four attempts to divorce microsoft. My first attempt was with, I think Mint 14. The Mint team has come a long way since then. Don't give up. Switching was the best thing I have done in a long time. I now own my computer again. At this point in my Journey, I can confidently say Microsoft has lost me for life.

The switch was difficult for me because like you, I had a LOT of windows knowledge. I started off with MS-DOS back in the day. I had a guy in another group take me under his wing to help me make the switch. Trying to apply windows knowledge to Linux is an exercise in futility. That was one of my main stumbling blocks. If you stick with it, the freedom gained will be will worth it. I know I made every mistake in the book on my journey. I now run LMDE6, and the last time I was this happy with my computing abilities was the freedom under winXP.
It just feels like the Linux community is stuck on "The Terminal is good enough" so why fix the gui issues.Someone googling can stumble upon a forum post to guide them to fix a issue that seems like it should work from the menu.
I talked to a lady the other day that claims she uses the terminal because of how it makes her feel. I'm sure she isn't the only one, and more power to them all. I wont touch it. For me it seem like a regression to MSDOS command line, albeit a more powerful version.
I know the mint team has created GUI's for a lot of what you used to have to do via the terminal.

There are those that gave me crap because I was asking questions about Mint. I guess Mint wasn't sexy enough for them. Mint does everything I need, and it does it all right out of the box. As an ex-Windows user I can appreciate that. I had moments when I wanted to switch back to what actually allowed me to switch my first computer, but after three different tries, I couldn't get it working correctly on my daily driver. I am now a loyal Mint user, and will be using some version of LMDE from here on out. I can live with not being sexy. I want stability.
It kinda feels like lets say Rivian with the R1T made a indicator stick but flicking it seems like it does nothing but it makes the indicators visible to other Rivian uses but other car users no for that you have to open the bonnet flick 3 switches, remove two fuses and install a relay.

Anyway before this sounds like a rant let me say again ...

Thank you to everybody that volunteers time and knowledge on the forums and to develop Linux further and to make guides etc

Now that i "Fixed" the sharing issue my notebook is basically running i don't need much more fancy stuff. I'm trying one or tow more options for Garmin that i've found that works with other apps if that doesn't work then i'll install garmin on the misses windows tablet and let it update from there.

For now Mint runs Mint ...
If your machine can handle it, you could always use Virtual box and install windows in a VM for those programs you just have to keep. I originally started off with around six win programs in a vm. Now I'm down to one program.
TaterChip
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TaterChip »

Moem wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:26 am
It just feels like the Linux community is stuck on "The Terminal is good enough" so why fix the gui issues.
I can't agree with that. If the terminal were good enough, Mint would not be full of GUI solutions.
Right in the money here. I have yet to find something I cant do with A GUI. Even RSYNC has a GUI.
urdrwho
Level 5
Level 5

Post by urdrwho »

TurboTax, Quicken, Contact Manager and built in camera are my three biggies that I still have Windows on my computers. I'm all dual - some triple boot stuff. Man I've been a Linux advocate for as long as I can remember. But recently on a few computers I've gone back to Win for a daily driver. I don't see any slowdown and on one older HP Touchsmart, there is better power management of my fans. I kind of got tired of fiddling trying to get a few things to work, that already worked in Windows.

There is an incredible amount of help available to get things running in most Linux distros and these days 99% are filled with helpful people. Yeah you'll find that one person that won't help and instead says things like, go learn on your own. There are people who don't care to learn, I always did. But there are people, many people, who just want things to work. That is where Windows has the bull by the horns, there are a massive amount of people who don't care, don't have time, etc. to learn.

AZgl1800 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:39 pm
Bad_At_Linux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:29 pm

I have never been able to make Garmin Express run on anything except Win10/11
that and TurboTax are the only reasons that I keep the Original NVME drive on this laptop in the original Windows OS.

Even tried to run Windows in a VM, but Garmin Express can't see the GPS

I installed a 2nd SSD drive for Linux Mint.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

I really dislike having to boot into Windows,
I can go take a shower and dry off before it reaches the Desktop.

and shutting down, even though I told it to Reboot ( LM is default );
that takes Twice as long, I can go milk the cow, come in and strain the milk and put it in the cooler before it is ready to go. :evil:

I never shut my laptop down, unless I have to use Windows and reboot.
Last edited by SMG on Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Introduce Yourself”