All Desktop Screenshots of 2024

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
klu9
Level 3
Level 3

Re: All Desktop Screenshots of 2024

Post by klu9 »

Logansfury wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:16 pm As long as there were other workstation screens avail that weren't this busy, I would love having this if I owned a touchscreen device. Looking at the picture is making me wish I did own a touchscreen device!

Fascinating find, thank you for sharing :)

I'm willing to bet this post causes some touchscreen device owners to lose their minds over not being able to install this fast enough!
You're welcome. And no install necessary, just make the appimage executable and run it. (I probably wouldn't have tried it if it was a DE/WM that needed to be installed, as I'd be worried about it messing up my regular DE.) As far as I can tell, it's just a fullscreen (Electron) app.

I haven't been able to adjust it (change colours, reduce "busyness"). But it is apparently possible through theme files, based on the info and screenshots in the readme: https://github.com/GitSquared/edex-ui?t ... me-ov-file
Logansfury
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Logansfury »

klu9 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:37 pm
Logansfury wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:16 pm As long as there were other workstation screens avail that weren't this busy, I would love having this if I owned a touchscreen device. Looking at the picture is making me wish I did own a touchscreen device!

Fascinating find, thank you for sharing :)

I'm willing to bet this post causes some touchscreen device owners to lose their minds over not being able to install this fast enough!
You're welcome. And no install necessary, just make the appimage executable and run it. (I probably wouldn't have tried it if it was a DE/WM that needed to be installed, as I'd be worried about it messing up my regular DE.) As far as I can tell, it's just a fullscreen (Electron) app.

I haven't been able to adjust it (change colours, reduce "busyness"). But it is apparently possible through theme files, based on the info and screenshots in the readme: https://github.com/GitSquared/edex-ui?t ... me-ov-file
Far out, thank you for the additional info and the link.

I believe I am seeing from poking around the net that touch-screen technology is most commonly utilized in tablets and can be applied to or comes pre-installed on certain laptops. I am curious and am going to shop around a bit. You may have just induced me to purchase a tablet, and introduced me to the first software I would be putting on it :)
Image <-- Cick for sudo inxi --usb -Fxxxnmprz output, updated hourly!
klu9
Level 3
Level 3

Post by klu9 »

Logansfury wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:53 pm Far out, thank you for the additional info and the link.

I believe I am seeing from poking around the net that touch-screen technology is most commonly utilized in tablets and can be applied to or comes pre-installed on certain laptops. I am curious and am going to shop around a bit. You may have just induced me to purchase a tablet, and introduced me to the first software I would be putting on it :)
I have no touchscreen PC experience but Distrowatch just did a review (admittedly on a non-touchscreen) of Lomiri, the dual-use (PC and touchscreen) community continuation of Ubuntu Touch. A full alternative to the limited eDEX-UI, and part of UBports (for phones and tablets) and an experimental remix of Ubuntu Unity (for PCs).

I see The Reg also did a review
https://www.theregister.com/2024/05/09/ ... us_lomiri/
Wolvrik
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Wolvrik »

klu9 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:05 pm
Wolvrik wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:37 pm
You just reminded me of a Tron setup I did back in 2012 on Deviant art. This was on Mint 13 Maya using the Fluxbox window manager.

Style: azul_interminable (my own Fluxbox theme)
Wallpaper: https://postimg.cc/cKX7kqhV
Side dock: Wbar: Black Pearl icons
Conky (modified Londonali): https://www.deviantart.com/londonali101 ... -148712243

Koentje
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Koentje »

Finally a theme that's awesome!! (and it's for mint 13 :roll: :mrgreen: )
Logansfury
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Logansfury »

Koentje wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:30 pm Finally a theme that's awesome!! (and it's for mint 13 :roll: :mrgreen: )
I am looking at this and just trying to comprehend the amount of work that had to go into it....

And now newer installs wont support it? I don't think I could stand the pain!
Koentje
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Koentje »

Logansfury wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:23 pm And now newer installs wont support it? I don't think I could stand the pain!
Implementing 3 window icons cost me a day! :mrgreen:

Schermafdruk van 2024-07-02 01-26-48.png
And i wonder why i do it, because in about a year i can throw my custom Crux theme in the trash bin!
Metacity is indeed not supported in the newer mints... that sux! :(
klu9
Level 3
Level 3

Post by klu9 »

Beautiful Tron theme.

So WMs like Fluxbox can't be installed on Mint any more?
Logansfury
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Logansfury »

Koentje wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:33 pm
Logansfury wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:23 pm And now newer installs wont support it? I don't think I could stand the pain!
Implementing 3 window icons cost me a day! :mrgreen:

Schermafdruk van 2024-07-02 01-26-48.png

And i wonder why i do it, because in about a year i can throw my custom Crux theme in the trash bin!
Metacity is indeed not supported in the newer mints... that sux! :(
Well for as long as Linux does support it, you have an amazing GUI feature to enjoy.

So you coded for a greyscale look when unfocused, and when focused it becomes full color with the red and blue button colors? That's a sweet setup!
Koentje
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Koentje »

Logansfury wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:33 pm So you coded for a greyscale look when unfocused, and when focused it becomes full color with the red and blue button colors? That's a sweet setup!
Indeed. In my opinion the active window should jump off the screen.. it also has more shadow then the unfocused windows. I've been with the Crux theme all my Mint life, i wish i could take it with me to the next version! Also a reason why i'm still on 20.
Logansfury
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Logansfury »

What about our case sticker situations? I don't see any particular thread in Customization addressing that. I did some shopping around on Etsy, eBay and Redbubble and purchased some case stickers to customize my Linux Boxes. I just put "Powered by Mint" on the desktop PC's but my dual-boot Laptop has a nice little array:

Lady Fitzgerald
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Logansfury wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:56 pm What about our case sticker situations? I don't see any particular thread in Customization addressing that. I did some shopping around on Etsy, eBay and Redbubble and purchased some case stickers to customize my Linux Boxes. I just put "Powered by Mint" on the desktop PC's but my dual-boot Laptop has a nice little array:

We had a sticker thread but it aged out a while back. (viewtopic.php?t=358933&hilit=stickers)

Mayhap we can get away with a longer lasting thread in Customizations? What the heck, I'll start the ball rolling here and see what happens: viewtopic.php?p=2490114#p2490114
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Wolvrik
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Wolvrik »

Koentje wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:30 pm Finally a theme that's awesome!! (and it's for mint 13 :roll: :mrgreen: )
Thank you! It was fun but it did take some work. :lol:
Wolvrik
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Wolvrik »

klu9 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:19 pm Beautiful Tron theme.

So WMs like Fluxbox can't be installed on Mint any more?
Thank you! Fluxbox is in the repository and can be installed. I absolutely love Fluxbox, but I don't have the time to set it up again right now. It's tricky to get everything to work properly on Mint. I am sure that my old themes will still work (if I knew where I put them). There is a Fluxbox conference every 10 years, the next one is coming in 2025. The code us updated, and bugs are squashed.
klu9
Level 3
Level 3

Post by klu9 »

Wolvrik wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:36 am Thank you! Fluxbox is in the repository and can be installed. I absolutely love Fluxbox, but I don't have the time to set it up again right now. It's tricky to get everything to work properly on Mint. I am sure that my old themes will still work (if I knew where I put them). There is a Fluxbox conference every 10 years, the next one is coming in 2025. The code us updated, and bugs are squashed.
When I tried out various Linux distros in the 00s, my exposure to "the *box family" (Black-, Flux-, Open-, other?) led to me even setting up BB4Win (Blackbox for Windows) on my XP machine. Looked awesome.
http://www.boxshots.org/screenies/22.jpg
Not my own screenshot, but OMG they even have KaZaA running! Blast from the past!

But I've never been expert enough to tweak much or appreciate the differences between Black-, Flux- and Open-.

Looking them up on Wikipedia, both Fluxbox and Openbox seem to have had their last stable update in 2015, making me think they're dead. But then: "Doh! Of course they're still going strong: my primary machine is Lubuntu, that means I'm using Openbox!"

"Well surely Blackbox, the granddaddy of them all, is long gone." But then Wikipedia says its last stable update was 2021! And http://www.boxshots.org/ is still live, even if many of the links are broken.
chaussettes99
Level 1
Level 1

Post by chaussettes99 »

my mint MATE desktop

MurphCID
Level 16
Level 16

Post by MurphCID »

chaussettes99 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:40 am my mint MATE desktop

Very pretty set up.
Logansfury
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Logansfury »

MurphCID wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:02 pm Very pretty set up.
I agree! The wallpaper looks fascinating, I would love to see a shot without the game window obscuring the background :)

Icon set looks well chosen to compliment the background as well.
Maxwell-J
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Maxwell-J »

bluedxca93
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bluedxca93 »

aero-22-beta.png
Screenshot from 2024-07-10 14-59-41.jpg
It shows that Cinnamon can look reasonable too.

Return to “Screenshots”