How do I change the "Places" applet icon on the panel?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CyberManifest
Level 1
Level 1

How do I change the "Places" applet icon on the panel?

Post by CyberManifest »

Is there *any* way to replace the "Places" applet icon on the XFCE panel?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vrkalak

Re: How do I change the "Places" applet icon on the panel?

Post by vrkalak »

Exactly, what do you mean by "replace"?

Right click on the 'places' icon ... you can customize it some from there.
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

SpearMint wrote:Is there *any* way to replace the "Places" applet icon on the XFCE panel?
If you mean the icon that looks like a folder or a file cabinet etc. you cannot change the individual icon. I know in Apple computers you can open Properties and change how the icons look, but, in Linux you have to change the whole theme of icons, not one individual that I know of. You do this in Appearance/icons. You can go to some eyecandy URLs and get some new themes though. There is a nice one for XFCE. http://xfce-look.org/
wesside

Post by wesside »

Right click on the icon and choose 'Properties'. Click on the icon in the window that appears and another window should open showing available icons. At the top of this 'Select an Icon' window you can choose icon lists to browse through by clicking on the arrow on the right.

I just loaded Xfce on top of gnome last night and discovered this while playing around with the desktop configuration. Gnome should make changing individual icons so easy!

Return to “Xfce”