Have a couple of issues.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JerichoKru

Have a couple of issues.

Post by JerichoKru »

I've been using LM LXDE for a few hours now, and need to know how to "fix" these.

1.) First thing I noticed is that fonts are REALLY fuzzy and bothers my eyes. How do I enable Hinting?

2.) MIME types are messed up. Most are labelled as "unknown" (like a .tar.gz for example) while others are wrong, like a jpeg as an executable. I even re-installed mime related packages in synaptic. This may be helpful:

Code: Select all

Processing triggers for shared-mime-info ...
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'

Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'

Unknown media type in type 'fonts/package'

Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'
EDIT:
3.) My volume buttons don't work on my Asus K50AB and volume always starts muted(<--this is more of a gripe than a problem.).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kendall

Re: Have a couple of issues.

Post by Kendall »

I haven't experienced the mimetypes issues, but I'll look into it again. What happens when you right click the files in question?
JerichoKru

Post by JerichoKru »

Kendall wrote:I haven't experienced the mimetypes issues, but I'll look into it again. What happens when you right click the files in question?
For example, a jpeg gives the option to execute(as a program), totem, or wine. Setting GPicView as default still has it opening as a program. In the properties, its says it's "application/x-executable".

Other filetypes either have something completely wrong as the type while most others are "unknown"
palmito_bom

Post by palmito_bom »

FYI- the mimetypes on my system got messed up trying the romeo version of pcman. The only ones that come up as options are leafpad and openoffice. The updates recent lxde setting update didn't change the situation. Not sure how mimetypes work but am happy to try out fixes.

Return to “Software & Applications”