Some windows are far too broad. --SOLVED

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Duysterwald

Some windows are far too broad. --SOLVED

Post by Duysterwald »

First, before I continue, I would like to say the following: I am not sure whether this thread really belongs in this section of the Linux Mint discussion board, to be completely honest. The subject of this thread seemed like a bug or an accidental misdevelopment to me, but if I am wrong and this thread belongs in an other section of the discussion board, then please feel free to move it to the appropriate section. :) I apologise for the inconvenience in that case.

Now, I have come across a peculiar issue. I use Firefox by default, and whenever I want to upload a picture on both Flickr and Photobucket, the upload-window is unbelieveably broad. In fact, it is so broad that I have to drag the upload-window all the way to the left in order to be able to see and click on the 'OK' button for uploading. I never had this problem while using Firefox in Windows XP, so I am inclined to think that this is an issue related to Linux in general. Also, this problem is not specific to Linux Mint 8, as I had already seen it in Linux Mint 7 as well.

Please see the following screenshots in order to get a better idea of what I mean:
- This is how it looks like with Flickr - click here!
- This is how it looks like with Photobucket - click here!

The problem is a bit worse in Opera, because there I have to drag the upload-window first to the right in order to be able to select what I want to upload, and then later to the left in order to be able to click on the 'OK' button. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like in Opera: click here!

That is all. :) Of course, the most important thing is that I am still able to upload anything (and so this problem might not have a lot of priority for anyone), but I have to admit that it is a bit of a hassle to have to do all that dragging every time I want to upload something. I have no idea what the problem could be: it is possibly a malinteraction between Firefox/Opera and Linux in general? Either way, I hope that someone found this useful (I apologise if someone has already reported this problem before) and I look forward to seeing this problem fixed in the hopefully not-so-distant-future. :) Thank you for your time! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Some windows are far too broad.

Post by remoulder »

Please do not double post. This is not a bug.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Duysterwald

Re: Some windows are far too broad.

Post by Duysterwald »

remoulder wrote:Please do not double post. This is not a bug.
I am sorry; obviously I thought that they were two separate problems, given that the problem described in this thread only happened with websites like Flickr and Photobucket and the other problem only with 'native' Firefox windows. :? Forgive me, I unfortunately am not very knowledgeable about such things yet. :( Either way, thank you for your help - people can consider this thread solved now as well. :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”