Ipod touch 3g syncing?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bolle

Ipod touch 3g syncing?

Post by bolle »

Ive tried almost every tutorial out there including using gtkpod, ifsue, etc.

I cant figure out how to do this!
Please someone give me a tutorial or something! :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bolle

Re: Ipod touch 3g syncing?

Post by bolle »

Thanks for the links ikey, but none of them really pertatin to my generation of ipod touch.
It is 3.1.2, and the newest one..

Thanks anyways :D
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

gtkpod and ifuse through Rhythmbox works perfectly for me with the latest iPhone software.
jamesthelibertine

Post by jamesthelibertine »

I use Rhythmbox with my ipod classic and it works a treat and i have a friend who also uses Rhythmbox with his iphone and it works fine as well.
wahaneebelly

Post by wahaneebelly »

I was very excited to see this thread. Daughter has Ipod touch. Been purching songs from i-tunes for almost a year. so obviously syncked ipod touch to computer. That computer crashed. got new lap top. When try to buy from i-tunes says not synced- try to sync and get message that says it is going to delete all songs already purchased so it can sync to new computer.
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

Little bit of an update - in Mint 9 all that's needed for and iPhone or iTouch to sync with Rhythmbox is ifuse:

Code: Select all

apt install ifuse
Then just open Rhythmbox, plug in your device, and be happy.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

Just to clarify, what all is possible with these new features in Lucid/Isadora for the iPod/iTouch/iPhone? I am not an Apple supporter but know quite a few people who are. Can you manage the apps for these devices or just music & media files? Can someone depend exclusively on Linux if they have a Apple device as previously mentioned?

TIA
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

kwisher wrote:Just to clarify, what all is possible with these new features in Lucid/Isadora for the iPod/iTouch/iPhone? I am not an Apple supporter but know quite a few people who are. Can you manage the apps for these devices or just music & media files? Can someone depend exclusively on Linux if they have a Apple device as previously mentioned?

TIA
A good question. It's only music and media.. which is to be expected because apps are 100% tied in with the iTunes app store. I doubt if app syncing will ever make its way into Linux without a virtual machine.

Return to “Sound”