Thank you

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
James360

Thank you

Post by James360 »

I would like to take this time to say thank you Clem, Kendall, and the Mint team for this great distro. I am new to the Linux world. I have been distro searching for the past 5 months now. I tried Fedora 12 KDE version, because wireless for my Dell works out of the box. It was bloated with softwares I don't really need. After about two months of using Fedora and updating to the new kernel, Fedora would not boot after rebooting after the update. It just hanged in the GRUB booting. I lost everything. I understood a little more about Linux and distro. Therefore, I tried Kubuntu. Many programs were useless to me. I felt bored with it. I never used the Plasma. I want something simple and fast. After searching, I found Linux Mint Fluxbox CE. I used the live version and tested it, and I started to fall in love with it. It is simple, and it is fast. It is not that bad looking. It is not bloated with useless softwares. Also, I checked out the forum. I have a good impression with the Linux Mint community. Therefore, I joined this forum and installed Linux Mint Fluxbox CE. I won't be distro hopping anymore. I found a home for my laptop.

Keep up the great work!

James
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MerelyJim

Re: Thank you

Post by MerelyJim »

Glad you like it, speaking as NONE of the afore-mentioned, just another user like yourself.

You may be done Distro Hopping, but keep on experimenting: it's fun and you can learn some really cool stuff. :mrgreen:
James360

Post by James360 »

I am done with hopping, but I am still experimenting. So many things to learn...

James
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Welcome to LinuxMint Fluxbox CE and the Mint Forums.

Glad you're here ... enjoy your stay. :mrgreen:
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

You're welcome. :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”