Nothing works =(

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

1. did you use sudo in front of the commands and scripts you ran in the terminal?
eg. sudo main-script.sh

2. the disk has been mounted read only. good for looking around but no mods or additions.
I suspect that there is an entry in /etc/fstab for the windows partition, this means that mintdisk is not managing it.
you will have to edit /etc/fstab and delete the line for your windows partition.
eg. sudo gedit /etc/fstab

edit save and reboot for good measure.

:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

Boo wrote:delete the line for your windows partition.
In fstab that should be clear. If in doubt post your fstab. :wink:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
Husse

Post by Husse »

Based on the experience I've had with speedtouch I don't want to touch anything from there.
Is it wireless? Don't think so, it's an ADSL modem right?
Give us some more info, like what you want to achieve.
It should run by itself hopefully
Sometimes a user gets the kind of problem //edit/ with the hard disks/
you have and there are several posts about it in the forum (not always easy to find - but concentrate on the internet problem)
Last edited by Husse on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Glitch102 wrote:Ok, its a speedtouch 330 ADSL modem, Of the USB variety.
These are "Windows-only" crap modems, sorry to say so. I suggest you get yourself e.g. a decent Netgear ADSL router with Ethernet ports ... they usually work right away and working with and around them is far far less frustrating. Also, they are not that expensive. Trying to get your SpeedTouch to work is a waste of time. Even if it would ever work it wouldn't be very reliable as far as I've heard from other people. Alcatel SpeedTouch USB modems simply are not Linux-friendly.
Husse

Post by Husse »

If it is C scripts that gives errors there's something wrong with your C
Other scripts are unconnected to this problem. Sometimes (actually quite often) you see scripts and programs described in the internet that are supposed to be run as root (sudo) and this is not mentioned. Could be the cause

Return to “Other topics”