Stepmania Woes

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
surfjdh

Stepmania Woes

Post by surfjdh »

I am throughly frustrated with linux mint 7 right now. I cant get THE ONLY GAME I PLAY to run correctly(xserver crashes with the error XIO: fatal IO error 4 (Interrupted system call) on X server ":0.0"
after 145262 requests (145260 known processed) with 0 events remaining.) most of the time the error is as follows (stepmania: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.). I have the following specs
video=Radeon X850XT-PE (fglrx installed and working,direct rendering working)
cpu= AMD athlon xp 2800+ clocking between 2.173ghz-2.3ghz
ddr2 2gb 400mhz pc3200 i think
linux mint 7
kernel 2.6.28-15 generic
gnome 2.26.1
to make matters worse there is literally nothing on the net(have been searching for days now) that directly correlates to my problem and no one in the mint or Ubuntu irc's has any clue whats going on. On top of all this frustrating information stepmania worked just fine in Linux mint 6, but do i really have to roll back to an older distribution? I mean isn't the point of moving to the most current distro to have MORE SUPPORTED DEVICES AND APPLICATIONS? WTH? Someone please help me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Stepmania Woes

Post by lagagnon »

Did you try launching the game as root from a terminal?
rhY

Post by rhY »

With the happy music and bright colors, I thought this topic title was hilarious. Sorry, not much help. I like Stepmania too, but haven't hooked up my DDR pad in a while.
surfjdh

Post by surfjdh »

lagagnon wrote:Did you try launching the game as root from a terminal?
yeah that didnt really change anything, it still crashes, same errors
surfjdh

Post by surfjdh »

[SOLVED], bad power supply was randomly cutting power to my video card....-.-
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

surfjdh wrote:[SOLVED], bad power supply was randomly cutting power to my video card....-.-

LOL :p

Also, I think it would be good if you could please edit your first post and put SOLVED in the title, so others realise this is resolved. Cheers. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”