CAD SOFTWARE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rudysuryanto

CAD SOFTWARE

Post by rudysuryanto »

Are there a CAD
software can be
installed in Linux
just by typing apt-
get .....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
distrohopper

Re: CAD SOFTWARE

Post by distrohopper »

I searched synaptic for CAD and quite a number of programs came up, some of which are probably of interest to you. I guess what I should be asking is why am I searching synaptic for you?
vrkalak

Re: CAD SOFTWARE

Post by vrkalak »

I am a Registered Architect in the US, for the past 30 years.

Of course, the only acceptable program for architectural professionals is AutoCAD.
Currently, AutoCAD, is only made for MS/Windows or Apple/Mac.

I converted to Linux, over 2 years ago, and use GNU/Linux and Open Source exclusively.

For my architectural drawings I use either QCad or Archimedes for Linux. My 3-D renderings are done with Blender.
Both are very good and stable programs, though lack the maturity of AutoCAD.
A redeeming value of QCad and Archimedes is that they both save their files in the same format as AutoCAD.
So I can make and save my architectural drawings/rendering, in a CAD program for Linux, and open them for viewing and editing on a Windows computer.

Of course, there are other 'good' architectural/drafting applications for Linux. Google 'CAD for Linux'
Damn ... quoting myself again.

It would be most helpful for you, if you used the 'search' feature in this or any Help Forum ... first.

Yes, there are several CAD applications 'already' in the Synaptic Package Manager. Easy to install and use.
Maybe, you could also use Google search engine ... "CAD for Linux" .. brings up many many links.

Return to “Software & Applications”