64bit Isadora KDE CE final release?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kennethcyrus
Level 1
Level 1

64bit Isadora KDE CE final release?

Post by kennethcyrus »

Hi,

I'm eager to know, when will the final version of 64 bit edition of Linux Mint KDE CE be available for downloads?
I love Linux Mint but I prefer KDE, the wait is getting longer than I expected...

Thanks & Regards,
Kenny
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
annaba

Re: 64bit Isadora KDE CE final release?

Post by annaba »

kennethcyrus wrote:I love Linux Mint but I prefer KDE, the wait is getting longer than I expected...
Me too. And I hope it will come as soon as possible!
Losgann

Post by Losgann »

I'm really not trying to be a killjoy -- I'm waiting for Isadora KDE (and the other CEs) too -- but dude, the main edition just came out three days ago.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Crunnluath wrote:I'm really not trying to be a killjoy -- I'm waiting for Isadora KDE (and the other CEs) too -- but dude, the main edition just came out three days ago.
Isn't the "Community Edition" naming scheme being scrapped ? :? (http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1377) anyway you can see some of Boo's updates on how far along he is on Isadora KDE in this thread --> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 89#p259389
Losgann

Post by Losgann »

Thanks for the link, Carl — I missed that post. Good to know!
Catmint

Post by Catmint »

Carl wrote:Isn't the "Community Edition" naming scheme being scrapped ? :? (http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1377)
Indeed, it says so:
Community Editions: No more references will be made to “CE”s. These editions will now become official and efforts will be made for them to be released as early in the release cycle as possible.
Hopefully that means a quick release of the Kde x64 edition.
kennethcyrus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kennethcyrus »

@Boo

When will the 64 bit version of Linux Mint 9 KDE be released?
The wait has been very long. :(
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

64-bit is for the final ISO only. RC will be 32-bit only.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

kennethcyrus wrote:The wait has been very long. :(
While I too am very eagerly awaiting the 64-bit version, know that Linux Mint 8 KDE was just released four months ago.

I'd much rather use a stable, 64-bit LM8 KDE that's still very new, than use a buggy LM9 KDE that was rushed to the public because of an arbitrary date on a calendar.

Joe
Catmint

Post by Catmint »

Still no news about when a 64-bit version will come out...
It's sad that also here, 64-bit users are treated as undesired pariah :(
A shame, really.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

Catmint wrote:Still no news about when a 64-bit version will come out...
I'd say it's just as much news as when the final 32-bit version will come out. I don't think Boo, Clem, Kendall, Merlwiz, or any of the other devs have quoted release dates either. When they deem the product and its testing are complete, they release it, and not before. That's one of the main reasons I've stuck with Linux Mint.
Catmint wrote:It's sad that also here, 64-bit users are treated as undesired pariah :(
A shame, really.
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm a 64-bit user myself, and I'm very content with the timely release cycles. Sorry that the 64-bit Linux Mint 8 KDE isn't working for you.

Joe
tuxdude

Post by tuxdude »

First I think we should ALL thank boo for his hard work getting KDE4 under control also big thanks to clem and team for making mint one of the most stable and consistent linux distros.

I have to say I am rather dismayed by some of the attitudes being displayed on this forum over the release of the kde version. I would not presume to speak for boo but if I was in his place I think I would seriously think about bothering to continue. Such ungratefulness does not deserve rewarding.
One of the reasons mint linux is as good as it is is because it is stable this does not come about by being rushed out the door. I am a 64bit user but am happy to test out the 32 version in the mean time. Any data can be transferred to 64bit when released.
If you want cutting edge stuff then may I suggest Fedora 13 ( I use this) or sidux if you wish to stick with debian. As to the person bemoaning mint is not like windows xp well there is only one answer................. :roll:

Sorry if I hit any raw nerves but I just had to get this off my chest.

So come on dudes and dudettes lets get behind all the good people of mint by helping with test reports, posting some real helpful hints and tips etc.

Once again big thanks to the team that has made kde a minty experience.

Cheers
Dave
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

The final will be released with 32bit and 64bit versions.
It is debatable which has more followers or more vocal ones and the gnome edition points to 32bit.
Anyway it is better to develop using the buggier of the 2 versions. :lol:

I'm Teflon coated, and only look for constructive comments.
I find frustration in certain development processes in mint.

Cheers
Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
definitely

Post by definitely »

Looking forward to x64 release. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”