The Mint Café

Chat about just about anything else
FedoraRefugee
Level 6
Level 6

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by FedoraRefugee »

MintyFree wrote:Sure it is ;) We should all medicate together!
Been over 15 years for me. :( Sometimes I think about it, I know some of my guys sneak around out back and would probably give me a hit or two if I asked...But I guess some things are probably better left in the past! You enjoy though, I used to love the stuff. :D

MintyFree
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MintyFree »

FedoraRefugee wrote:
Been over 15 years for me. :( Sometimes I think about it, I know some of my guys sneak around out back and would probably give me a hit or two if I asked...But I guess some things are probably better left in the past! You enjoy though, I used to love the stuff. :D
It's not like it's addicting or anything man, it's like chocolate. Indulge in the smokey chocolate. It makes movies and music and the 5-5-5 deal at dominos amazing.
Monster Desktop: 4GB DDR2 RAM/2.5 GHz AMD Phantom II Quad-Core/ATI Radeon 4200 with 512MB of Memory
Betamine: 756MB DDR RAM/1.8GHz AMD Sempron +3000 Single-Core/SiS -something- with like 16MB of Memory

MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

MintyFree wrote:
FedoraRefugee wrote:
It's not like it's addicting or anything man, it's like chocolate. Indulge in the smokey chocolate. It makes movies and music and the 5-5-5 deal at dominos amazing.
Here's something that's also kinda amazing:

Let's say you're someone who would "indulge" since you were a teen, and almost every single day of your adult life, deep into your 40s. Someone who really could never imagine life without it. Someone who loved it and never wanted to see a day when he didn't have some of that medication on hand. Someone that figured he'd love Mary for the rest of his life.

Let's say one day you just decided that you wanted to see what life was like with a clear head. You were trying to focus on raising your kid, learning Linux, the books that you loved to read, and other things, and things were going fine and everything, but, out of the blue, you just thought, why not let this go for awhile?

Let's say you found out that life without it wasn't so bad. In fact, it was quite good.

Time passes. You're still kinda shocked that you ever let it go. Somebody drops some on you, so you hit it up. It's cool; in fact, it's great. But... You've changed. You don't really want to go back to that daily thing. You like what you've become more than what you used to be.

You give the rest of it away. Something you wouldn't have ever even considered doing back in the day. Especially if it was... premium quality...

You don't want to tell someone else what they should do. You don't have any bad feelings about this particular medication at all -- in fact, you think it's a thousand times better than things like alcohol or tobacco. You don't even think it should be in the same class as those two, even though those two are legal! You'd probably play around with it again sometime. You do miss it sometimes. Quite often, in fact. But... it's not like it was before. It isn't for you anymore.

Something changed.

And you never saw it coming. You never thought you'd see the day when Mary wouldn't be a part of your life. It just... happened.

And, remember how it used to make you feel... free? Strange thing is, now you feel free like you never felt in all those years. Hard to explain. Things change. People change.

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way as I am definitely not trying to judge anyone or convince anyone to change anything. Not after all of the stuff I've done and been through. Fact of the matter is, there's lots of people I know who I kinda wish were friends with Mary. They'd be a lot nicer, a lot more mellow, a lot easier to get along with! And others I know who I sincerely hope never, uh, lose touch with her, because I know (or, I think) that their lives are better with her.

It's just... well... this is the first time I've had a chance to tell the story about that ... person ... who I used to know. Dig? Just trying to tell a story, share something. Thanks for reading this rambling mess.

FedoraRefugee
Level 6
Level 6

Post by FedoraRefugee »

Damn MALsPa....

Exactly my man...

Exactly!

edit: I feel like talking, so...

I was a natural pothead. I have always disliked being drunk and while I have used most all drugs none ever really did anything for me except pot. Acid was cool, and shrooms...And blow wasnt bad. I never liked the crack though. Never shot anything up. But pot was mellow. First thing I did every morning was take two or three good hits, just catch that first buzz. I would maintain till afternoon taking a hit off my pipe now and then when needed. Afternoon I would roll my first one...

Yep, I did it for 25 odd years, never intended to quit. I functioned better while stoned. My personality sucked when straight. It was just me.

Yeah MALsPa, exactly...

MintyFree
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MintyFree »

Dude, that didn't make any sense, you just rambled on without any real point. At first you were like "What if you got tired of it and moved on?" and then you were like "I know people who should try it and others who should never leave it" You contradicted and digressed so now I'm left here confused and enraged at your disorganized mess of a message. You managed to make less sense and sound dumber then someone who's stoned. And as a side note, I don't smoke on a regular basis. I'll go months dry simply because I don't feel like it or I'm saving for something. To me it's like chocolate, you can and want to indulge, some people do it daily; some become choco-holics and can't go a day without it. A lot of people could go months and years with very minor or sometimes no cravings for chocolate though; weed has the same addictive quality as chocolate. Some people get really addicted but others go a long time without it....

...wait, shit, I'm starting to ramble and all that too...

I'll just leave it at this, weed isn't any worse then chocolate and the only people who become 'weed addicts' are weak-minded simpletons who have no self-control and shouldn't be allowed to have any substances.
Monster Desktop: 4GB DDR2 RAM/2.5 GHz AMD Phantom II Quad-Core/ATI Radeon 4200 with 512MB of Memory
Betamine: 756MB DDR RAM/1.8GHz AMD Sempron +3000 Single-Core/SiS -something- with like 16MB of Memory

MintyFree
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MintyFree »

FedoraRefugee wrote:Damn MALsPa....

Exactly my man...

Exactly!

edit: I feel like talking, so...

I was a natural pothead. I have always disliked being drunk and while I have used most all drugs none ever really did anything for me except pot. Acid was cool, and shrooms...And blow wasnt bad. I never liked the crack though. Never shot anything up. But pot was mellow. First thing I did every morning was take two or three good hits, just catch that first buzz. I would maintain till afternoon taking a hit off my pipe now and then when needed. Afternoon I would roll my first one...

Yep, I did it for 25 odd years, never intended to quit. I functioned better while stoned. My personality sucked when straight. It was just me.

Yeah MALsPa, exactly...
I don't hurt as much high and I'm more functional too, I was serious when I said medication. It's a herb that's only illegal through the Lumber Lobbyists.

MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

MintyFree wrote:Dude, that didn't make any sense, you just rambled on without any real point. At first you were like "What if you got tired of it and moved on?" and then you were like "I know people who should try it and others who should never leave it" You contradicted and digressed so now I'm left here confused and enraged at your disorganized mess of a message. You managed to make less sense and sound dumber then someone who's stoned. And as a side note, I don't smoke on a regular basis. I'll go months dry simply because I don't feel like it or I'm saving for something. To me it's like chocolate, you can and want to indulge, some people do it daily; some become choco-holics and can't go a day without it. A lot of people could go months and years with very minor or sometimes no cravings for chocolate though; weed has the same addictive quality as chocolate. Some people get really addicted but others go a long time without it....

...wait, shit, I'm starting to ramble and all that too...

I'll just leave it at this, weed isn't any worse then chocolate and the only people who become 'weed addicts' are weak-minded simpletons who have no self-control and shouldn't be allowed to have any substances.

My friend, you completely missed the point of what I was saying. FedoraRefugee didn't, though. I am not saying anything at all bad about it. I stepped away from it. I never thought I would. I don't think there's anything at all wrong with using it. For me, after all those years, daily usage, I found out I like my life better without it. That's me. That's not you. I am not saying anything at all about what you do or don't do.

I can talk to you for days about weed. You don't have to tell me about its addictive properties, or lack thereof. You're saying a lot of the same things I used to say. I know all about it, dude.

Thanks for telling me that I "managed to make less sense and sound dumber then someone who's stoned." That's okay if you feel that way. I'm glad that FR read it and that it made sense to him. I respect what he has to say more than what you have to say.

As for your comment that "the only people who become 'weed addicts' are weak-minded simpletons who have no self-control and shouldn't be allowed to have any substances," well, that's fine, too. I guess I was a weak-minded simpleton, in your eyes. But who are you to judge?

No big deal. I walked away from it.

MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

FedoraRefugee wrote: I was a natural pothead. I have always disliked being drunk and while I have used most all drugs none ever really did anything for me except pot. Acid was cool, and shrooms...And blow wasnt bad. I never liked the crack though. Never shot anything up. But pot was mellow. First thing I did every morning was take two or three good hits, just catch that first buzz. I would maintain till afternoon taking a hit off my pipe now and then when needed. Afternoon I would roll my first one...

Yeah, that sounds like I was, man. Tried a lot of different things over the years but weed was the only thing that I was cool with. My thinking was, go with what grows naturally instead of the man-made stuff, you know? So weed and shrooms were the most acceptable things, in my mind. I still feel that way.

I was just looking at myself and wanted to make a change. That was a lot of years of daily usage, and I just didn't want to be that way anymore. I don't know what happened.

But whenever anyone else says anything negative about weed, I'm the first one to jump up and defend it. I think it's better for people than just about any other medication or legal drug. Man, I don't even like aspirin or ibuprofen acetaminophen, or stuff that's prescribed to you by doctors for pain. I prefer weed over any of that stuff.

I just don't use it anymore, at least right now. Who knows? It's all around. I can get it anytime. But now I probably won't unless I really feel like I need it for pain or something.

FedoraRefugee
Level 6
Level 6

Post by FedoraRefugee »

I think it may just be an age thing (with MintyFree). Either that or we are on the same wavelength because we had a similar experience. No biggie... :D

Yeah, with me it changed when I started a business and my real son was getting old enough to notice. Like you, I just woke up one morning, looked at the pipe and thought, "naw, not today..." I never smoked again. Still have the pipe...It was just time to walk away from it, I never planned it out or gave it any thought, I just quit.

Glad I did today, I too found that life isnt bad at all without the buzz. I don't think I will ever smoke again, I just don't really want it anymore. I will say one thing though, pot is the best pain reliever there is. At least for those of us who naturally like it. Headaches, nausea, whatever...Pot would always fix me right up.
Last edited by FedoraRefugee on Fri May 21, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

What's kinda deep is this:

Quitting pot, no big deal. Even after years and years of daily usage, it only takes a day or two away from it and that's that.

Try quitting cigarettes or alcohol, though. Different story. Very tough to do. And those two are much more damaging to individuals and to our society. And they're legal! Go figure.

npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

scorp123 wrote:
npap wrote:Thanks Scorp :)
Hey hey hey ... I give you my real identity on a silver platter and you show up with a fake account? Tss tss tss ... :twisted: And now that neither of us has the other in their friends list, how exactly can you keep track of what I am doing, where I am going, etc. .... ? But OK, I am not forcing anyone ... :D

@ Scorp123
:) :) :) I just wanted to see my old friend Scorp's true self. I don't intend to follow anybody on Facebook. :)
As a matter of fact, I have been trying to de-activate my Facebook account, and every time I do, I get an email telling me that my account has been re-activated :oops:
Just can't get rid of it. :x I even changed my Gmail password with no luck.

MintyFree
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MintyFree »

Before I talk at all I just wanted to say I read my posts last night and feel like I came off rather obnoxious, I'm sorry, I get like that sometimes. My bad.
FedoraRefugee wrote:I think it may just be an age thing (with MintyFree). Either that or we are on the same wavelength because we had a similar experience. No biggie... :D
My experience is a pain-free world with little-to-no social anxiety and inhibition. I can't talk to anyone while sober, even as a kid I sat alone. The school thought I had some sort of mental disorder like autism but it turned out I just had some insane IQ and was thinking on a higher level then some of the teachers. Eventually I started smoking pot and I feel like it slows me down to everyone elses speed.
FedoraRefugee wrote:I will say one thing though, pot is the best pain reliever there is. At least for those of us who naturally like it. Headaches, nausea, whatever...Pot would always fix me right up.
I know what you mean, I've got bad feet and ankles that mess with the rest of the body. My knees and back and all that hurt when I walk more then like 6 blocks. I toke up and I'm good.

scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

npap wrote: I just wanted to see my old friend Scorp's true self.
And yet you still hide your's behind that fake account? Is that fair? :D
npap wrote: As a matter of fact, I have been trying to de-activate my Facebook account, and every time I do, I get an email telling me that my account has been re-activated :oops:
Maybe you have some cookies or stored passwords in your browser and everytime you touch a web site that has a "Tell your friends on Facebook!" button (there are _MANY_ such web sites out there!) you get auto-logged in and thus your Facebook account re-activates.

MintyFree
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MintyFree »

scorp123 wrote:
npap wrote:Maybe you have some cookies or stored passwords in your browser and everytime you touch a web site that has a "Tell your friends on Facebook!" button (there are _MANY_ such web sites out there!) you get auto-logged in and thus your Facebook account re-activates.
I was thinking the same thing. I used the Add 'n Edit Cookies add-on when I deactivated my account because I had the same problem. I hate facebook, especially when family finds you because then you have to watch what you say. I just want to talk about my philosophies and ideas without being told "Robert! You are not allowed to believe in (*insert belief/idea/philosophy here*)! I'll disown you!". I mean hell, I believe in something, just not an omnipotent god who'd make only one planet of people then tell 'em a bunch of wrong scientific facts which are later found to be false. I doth believe I'm starting to loose my original train of thought though.

npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

scorp123 wrote:
npap wrote: I just wanted to see my old friend Scorp's true self.
And yet you still hide your's behind that fake account? Is that fair? :D
npap wrote: As a matter of fact, I have been trying to de-activate my Facebook account, and every time I do, I get an email telling me that my account has been re-activated :oops:
Maybe you have some cookies or stored passwords in your browser and everytime you touch a web site that has a "Tell your friends on Facebook!" button (there are _MANY_ such web sites out there!) you get auto-logged in and thus your Facebook account re-activates.
Thanks Scorp,
I've been going around like the crazy captain hollering "who stole my strawberries"! Oh those cookies! I hate them. :oops:
But I think, after digging up for some jewels in the stupid Treasure Island, I got it!
I have an ornery grandson who sends me stuff which I'm supposed to accept and then he pretends to be me, playing the game for me.
He somehow memorized the key strokes when I logged in to Facebook once and stole my password. He's got a terrific memory.

Anyway, I hope you took a look at my stupid Facebook page. The pirate (Mr.Bean) in the profile picture is myself in disguise.
I may some day manage to de-activate my account. I don't have time to play games and I hurt all over most of the time.
@MintyFree, pass the stuff around, I need some.

scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

npap wrote: I may some day manage to de-activate my account.
And why don't you delete it permanently? If you enter "how to delete facebook account" into Google you get results like this one:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703

kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Greetings Scorp! :D
Your comments and assistance are greatly missed! Hope everything is going well with you.
Have a limeade on me. As I recall, you don't drink much but always left good tips!
“Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.” 
― Jean-Paul Sartre

npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

scorp123 wrote:
npap wrote: I may some day manage to de-activate my account.
And why don't you delete it permanently? If you enter "how to delete facebook account" into Google you get results like this one:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703
Thanks again Scorp,
Your tip is greatly appreciated.
Kenetics is right. We do miss the help that you always were eager to give to anybody, even to some lazy annoying "dudes"
who wanted a ready-made answer, instead of looking up Google or the forums.

Yes, I am going to delete the damn Facebook; the whole shebang. But then how will I be able to spy on you. :lol:

@kenetics
Who said that Scorp doesn't drink. The last time I recollect he sent to the Mint Café a bottle of some very expensive 12-year-old whiskey. It was delicious, but I can't remember the brand.

Cheers,
npap

kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

npap wrote:
Yes, I am going to delete the damn Facebook; the whole shebang. But then how will I be able to spy on you. :lol:
Does this mean the end of "Blogger" and the Mint house? :wink:
Who said that Scorp doesn't drink. The last time I recollect he sent to the Mint Café a bottle of some very expensive 12-year-old whiskey. It was delicious, but I can't remember the brand.
Was that the bottle with the scorpion inside? :lol:
“Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.” 
― Jean-Paul Sartre

npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Hello Ken,
Blogger is around somewhere. He does show up once in a while, but he's running away from the IRS, I hear. :)

Now, come to think of it, that bottle of booze that Scorp sent us did have a sting to it :lol:
As a matter of fact, the bottle was too dark to see what was inside, and the contents had a pretty dark color too.
And dark Rum happened to be my favorite drink at that time. :)
Do you suppose it was one of Scorp's pranks? :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
npap alive

Return to “Open chat”