Isadora 9 5.1 Audio problem "screaching at full volume?"

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
matrox02

Isadora 9 5.1 Audio problem "screaching at full volume?"

Post by matrox02 »

Hi guys, Im fairly n00b but love mint, I was on Helana last night and upgraded to isadora this morning , only to find that now when i set my audio to 5.1 ( or any other setting besides stereo ) that when i turn up the volume on Mint anything above half way i get this Horrible screaching noise with any music or audio that plays, Now i would understand that this is normal if you over drive your amp, but at full volume.. it shouldnt over amplify the audio correct?

This problem did not happen in Helena, and it still doesnt happen in my other windows 7 install

Oh and I am running a q8400 and 2 gig of ram on a asus p5q Pro Turbo mother board

So if anyone has a similar problem ( and maybe a fix ) PLease post here, I would love some help :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
matrox02

Re: Isadora 9 5.1 Audio problem "screaching at full volume?"

Post by matrox02 »

UPDATE:

While watching the pulse audio Volume meter, i noticed that all the speakers are being driven, but not the subwoofer?? although the subwoofer is working anyways?

Eh.. this is annoying and confusing haha
matrox02

Re: Isadora 9 5.1 Audio problem "screaching at full volume?"

Post by matrox02 »

Still not been able to fix my screaching problem, I have looked online quite a bit and seen others sometimes have other problems with the same onboard sound card, being a VIA VT1708 Card, i was also looking for possible drivers to replace the stock drivers.. but only find install guides for Debian versions

Edit: ALSO Im pretty sure the distortion/screaching that i am witnessing is because the software/driver is overdriving/amplifying the audio, and not having much experience in linux.. i cant figure out how to fix this -_-

UPDATE: I found audio drivers straight from the ASUS website that provided drivers for linux for the sound card, the only problem now is that the install completely destroys my audio and robs me of any sound devices at all, so now im really stuck...

Please help!

Return to “Hardware Support”