Can't get all freeview channels

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cakehead
Level 2
Level 2

Can't get all freeview channels

Post by cakehead »

I have a digital tv card and I am using Kaffeine. I am trying to setup the digital channels but I don't get all of them to install. I have a freeview box for the home TV which does pick up all the channels, so I know I am getting a good signal ! can anyone tell me what I am not doing !! Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Can't get all freeview channels

Post by DrHu »

cakehead wrote:I have a digital tv card and I am using Kaffeine. I am trying to setup the digital channels but I don't get all of them to install. I have a freeview box for the home TV which does pick up all the channels, so I know I am getting a good signal ! can anyone tell me what I am not doing !! Thanks
I have a digital tv card and I am using Kaffeine
More context is needed: hardware
TV card manufacturer and model #

..I have a freeview box for the home TV which does pick up all the channels
The fact that a paid for service gets the channels (what you paid for), doesn't tell you anything about the reception available on your digital TV card

It probably going to be down to the TV card you have in the computer, how well it works with the freeview channels available..
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... p=28028608
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Post by tinca »

zosimosthompson,

to the best of my knowledge, there is no package options for "Freeview", it is what it says i.e. FREE.

I have two USB TV play and capture devices and neither get all of the channels that my TV gets. I live in a low signal coverage part of the country. I have fitted and aerial amplifier but that has not captured any more channels.

I am told that my situation will improve when they go digital in my area (2012) as they will be increasing the signal strength considerably. Time will tell.

Best regards Keith
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

I had to delete zosimosthompson's post as the signature was a spam link.
Hope the thread still makes sense without it

Return to “Sound”