Isadora KDE Development Progress Report

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
keljaden

Re: Isadora KDE Development Progress Report

Post by keljaden »

bunstonious wrote:If you need a hand with testing, lemme know.
All testing is internal to ensure the highest of quality. (also I do not think Mint team lacks enough devs to handle the immense amount of bug reports that would be generated by its massive fan base).

Boo, thanks for the frequent updates. I really appreciate all the work you do to make Linux Mint what it is. I am also going to be running a vm of linux in where I will be testing http://schreuders.org/FBAC-LSM and helping contribute to it.

I can not wait for the release!
bunstonious

Post by bunstonious »

keljaden wrote:
All testing is internal to ensure the highest of quality. (also I do not think Mint team lacks enough devs to handle the immense amount of bug reports that would be generated by its massive fan base).
I wasn't implying anything less.

Was an offer for help, should it be needed, which in the Open Source field is usually appreciated.

However for now I won't post anymore... Sheesh!
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

Everyone can really help when the RC comes out with feedback and bug reports.
There are lots of apps and some times multiple of the same type, so are the defaults right etc.

Once the RC is out no new apps will be added.
KDE is at version 4.4.3 but it is from the kubuntu ppa repo. I would like to release the final when 4.4.3 is in the ubuntu updates repo, hopefully that is not too far away.

Cheers
Jamie
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
keljaden

Post by keljaden »

I am confused, I requested if any aid was needed I was told all testing was internal. Apparently the community editions do have an RC...
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Hey Jamie,

According to the KDE website, they're gearing up for and have already put out Beta 1 of KDE 4.5.0 on the 26th of this month...the full version of the KDE SC by Aug....KDE 4.4.3 is already in the Kubuntu PPA Updates Repositories. Just thought I'd pass that tidbit of info to you, but I'm sure you already new this....just trrying to help....have a good evening.

Andrew
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

All editions have an RC but are internally tested with some basic minty tests before released to the wild.
The things we test for are:
is it minty (mint theming)
do all applications at least open
does networking work
does it install in english and another language properly
can you burn media
can you watch/play media
do mint links work
do mint apps work
etc..
and all have do be done on a live and installed system.

Then it is the community that find the real bugs with apps etc.

Cheers
Jamie
bunstonious

Post by bunstonious »

Just out of curiosity (tell me to shut up if I am asking to much) but whats the usual timeframe between your submission for internal testing, until the RC comes out? Historically speaking.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

Well assuming i have not made a major mistake it would be 2-3 days for testing followed by 2-3 days for the iso to hit the mirrors before the release announcement.
Of course people find the iso before the release announcement.
bunstonious

Post by bunstonious »

Cool.

I am eagerly awaiting the release. I look forward to seeing your work, I have heard nothing but good things!

Up to now I haven't used a Mint KDE version.
Catmint

Post by Catmint »

Boo wrote:KDE is at version 4.4.3 but it is from the kubuntu ppa repo. I would like to release the final when 4.4.3 is in the ubuntu updates repo, hopefully that is not too far away.
The next version of Kde 4.4.4 is coming out in two days already, next Tuesday, June 1st:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/ ... e_Schedule

I can understand that it won't be included in the RC, but 4.4.4 definitely should be included in the final release (doesn't matter if from kubuntu ppas or updates repo).

Also, Beta 1 of Kde 4.5 is out now, with Beta 2 coming next Friday, June 4th:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/ ... e_Schedule

It would be nice if there was an option to install 4.5 Beta 2 on Mint.
Biker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Biker »

Catmint wrote:
It would be nice if there was an option to install 4.5 Beta 2 on Mint.
There is nothing preventing you from installing the source. Just because it's not in a repository doesn't mean it can't be installed.
Linux User #384279
keljaden

Post by keljaden »

yay KDE FTW... How long is the RC out before the final release? I have had bad experiences with Linux RC's in the past...*cough* 10.04 *cough* so I probably will only drop it in a VM and run it through some basic hoops.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

I will probably use this RC as soon as it is available. IMO the Mint RCs rarely contain showstopper bugs.
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

I am sure that whatever Isadora 9 KDE is, it will be great.....I'm also sure that it will have some bugs, but that's what we're here for....to relay back to the devs what we find so that fixes can be made....Isadora will be great and hopefully LTS...I'm looking forward to it. On a more personal note, tomorrow is Memorial Day, let's remember those, whether friends, relatives or whoever, who are serving overseas in the military for our freedoms and safety from terrorism, that we may continue to enjoy those freedoms and always remember who it is that makes that possible for us....God speed to all of them....cheers

Andrew
tuxdude

Post by tuxdude »

I join you Andrew in remembering those that have laid down there lives and those that are still in places of conflict. Here in Britain and europe we are remembering the Dunkirk evacuation of seventy years ago.
Dave
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Thank you Dave....we should never forget the price we ALL pay for freedom....it doesn't matter what country you live in....we're all involved...

Andrew

P.S. Sorry for the personal statements...I know this is for Linux...forgive me
Last edited by Andrew33 on Mon May 31, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

andrew5859 wrote:it's the radical Islamists(SIC) that want to take away our freedom and replace it with Sharia law.
If I were a mod I'd remove this because IMO its flame-bait, and completely off-topic.
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

I appologize....it won't happen again...please forgive me

Andrew
sinarquia

Post by sinarquia »

My first post on this forum, just to thank all the effort everyone's doing to get the best Mint Kde experience. Looking forward to give Isadora KDE a try.
dequire

Post by dequire »

sinarquia wrote:My first post on this forum, just to thank all the effort everyone's doing to get the best Mint Kde experience. Looking forward to give Isadora KDE a try.
- Welcome. We hope you stay a while! :)

Return to “Software & Applications”