Meet Cassandra cautionary

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hugh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hugh »

And as a male of the species, I don't blame her either.

My wife recently phoned BT to report our router had burnt out (lightning strike ! - you could see the burn marks on the socket) and they wanted to speak to the 'man of the house' , wouldn't accept her story and wanted her to do some 'simple tests' like try and turn it on.
When I phoned back and reported the exact same problem I got an immediate acceptance of our diagnosis and they sent out another router straight away.

Cheers,

Hugh
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

So in the end you were better at solving the problem than your wife, right?

ok ok... I'm only kidding :)

It is a man's world and there's no fairness to expect.

While we were still in France, I got a phone call from our bank because my wife wanted to take 50 euro of our joint account... the manager sneaked in a back room and left my wife waiting at the counter to ask me if I was ok with her taking money out of our account !!! He obviously watched too many movies :) Needless to say, when I told my wife, she was furious ! :)

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

On a more related note, I dislike feminists/activists as much as I dislike racism/sexism. The last thing I'd like would be to get stuck in the middle of such a sterile argument. Let's hope our codenames don't catch their attention. We do make banners and they do play with seduction and feminine characters.

Here's Bianca:

And here's Cassandra:

On TV, a lot of ads play with the woman-sex-object concept, and usually don't show the woman as a stupid person but as a manipulative one which sex-appeal is like a weapon/tool to obtain whatever she wants from stupid men. When you watch these ads you realize the man is actually portrayed as a stupid being.. reacting instinctively by hormones rather than with brain. Are we offended to see ourselves reduced to beast? I usually find it quite funny.

Like everything I have no problem with using sexism as a joke. The QSol ad is obviously not great but you can tell it doesn't intend to be openly sexist, it's trying to make some kind of a stupid joke, so is it a big deal? really?

Clem

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”