Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

User avatar
mintnoob
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 pm
Location: USA

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mintnoob » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Here's my Depeche Mode-inspired desktop on LM8 KDE.

Image

I used Red Icons on top of Daisy Dock and you can grab the Violator background I made here.
Chakra Linux

zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6506
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by zerozero » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Time to share mine aswell.
First time i stick with one theme all the way, no tweaking at all!! Great DanRabbit

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

[ bliss of ignorance ]

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:14 pm

zerozero wrote:Time to share mine aswell.
First time i stick with one theme all the way, no tweaking at all!! Great DanRabbit

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Impressive desktop zerozero! :)
Image

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Ok I am using an alterd version of this wallpaper, I added the mint logo from Awoken icon theme to match the rest of the theme. I got permision from Billysut the creator of the wallpaper to alter and post the wallpaper. :D

Image

This is the link for the unalterd wallpaper: http://browse.deviantart.com/customizat ... e#/d2v21n1
Last edited by mmesantos1 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image

zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6506
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by zerozero » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by mmesantos1 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Impressive desktop zerozero! :)
Many thanks mmesantos1,
but the only thing really mine here is the conky.
The rest is the gorgeous Isadora and the Elementary Art by DanRabbit.

I just put the bits together
Image

[ bliss of ignorance ]

soderstrom

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by soderstrom » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Wow, some people here really have allot of freetime to edit their desktop a few times a week! :D

Well, here is my current desktop running LM9 Fluxbox with conky.

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6506
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by zerozero » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:54 am

don't start beating me :) i know it's just show-off :mrgreen:
Mdv 2010.1
Image

Mdv Cooker GNOME
Image

Mdv Cooker KDE
Image

Maverick 10.10 Unity
Image

Mint9
Image

Fedora 13
Image

Mint7
Image
Image

[ bliss of ignorance ]

User avatar
Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9983
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Oscar799 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:58 am

zerozero wrote:don't start beating me :) i know it's just show-off :mrgreen:
No problem,that's what the thread is for :P
Nice desktops BTW
Image

User avatar
Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9983
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Oscar799 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:17 am

mmesantos1 wrote:
oscar799 wrote:Another nice desktop mmesantos1 :P
That clean metallic-looking Mint logo from the Awoken set has been puzzling me - it reminded me of something but I didn't know what.
Earlier this evening all came clear - it made me think of Masterchef(a BBC TV cookery competition show)
Thank you oscar799. :) Yes it does look very similar! Hmm... Masterchef, is that anything like Ironchef? Sounds similar. :)
I haven't had any reply notifications from this thread since Thursday(phpBB hates me,I must have upset it somehow)
Masterchef is sort of chubby and friendly,5 or 6 people(sometimes celebs sometimes members of the public)cook things and they are tasted by a pair of sturdy middle-aged gents,one British vegetable grower and one Aussie chef,then those judged to be the three best tootle off to different upmarket restaurants in London and cook lunch there.
Then they come back and cook again and the two chubby chaps pick a winner.Ironchef looks more muscular somehow....
Anyway,I digress....
Nice desktop :P
Image

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:13 am

oscar799 wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:
oscar799 wrote:Another nice desktop mmesantos1 :P
That clean metallic-looking Mint logo from the Awoken set has been puzzling me - it reminded me of something but I didn't know what.
Earlier this evening all came clear - it made me think of Masterchef(a BBC TV cookery competition show)
Thank you oscar799. :) Yes it does look very similar! Hmm... Masterchef, is that anything like Ironchef? Sounds similar. :)
I haven't had any reply notifications from this thread since Thursday(phpBB hates me,I must have upset it somehow)
Masterchef is sort of chubby and friendly,5 or 6 people(sometimes celebs sometimes members of the public)cook things and they are tasted by a pair of sturdy middle-aged gents,one British vegetable grower and one Aussie chef,then those judged to be the three best tootle off to different upmarket restaurants in London and cook lunch there.
Then they come back and cook again and the two chubby chaps pick a winner.Ironchef looks more muscular somehow....
Anyway,I digress....
Nice desktop :P
I see, well still sounds like a good show. Thanks as well. :)
Image

patrickstein
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by patrickstein » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:33 pm

Image

Finally am back with Linux Mint, been a bit.

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:03 am

patrickstein wrote:Image

Finally am back with Linux Mint, been a bit.
Very nice work. And welcome back. :)
Image

patrickstein
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by patrickstein » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:22 am

mmesantos1 wrote:
Very nice work. And welcome back. :)
Thank You,

After playing with my setup a-bit this morning I have finally settled on this:
Image

User avatar
Katzedecimal
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: The Great White North
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Katzedecimal » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Hello again! No, I didn't fall off the Mint wagon, I've just been insanely busy :lol:

Here is my latest:

Image

Image
"Dance without sleeping, I'll dance without fear
Dance without senses, no message I hear
Dance without feeling, I'll dance 'til I'm numb
Dance 'til I think I can overcome" -- Melissa Etheridge

User avatar
Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9983
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Oscar799 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Nice desktop Katzedecimal :P
Image

SpencerUk
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:47 pm
Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth.

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by SpencerUk » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:03 pm

My desktop is still in the works, but this is what I have so far.

Went for the cross of simple and almost geek xD

Feedback appreciated

Image

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Minor change, switched out my conky. :)

Image
Image

exploder
Level 15
Level 15
Posts: 5532
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:50 am
Location: HartfordCity, Indiana USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by exploder » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Minor change, switched out my conky. :)
Looks good! Conky looks good like that with the rest of the desktop, it gives it a nice clean look.

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:03 pm

exploder wrote:
Minor change, switched out my conky. :)
Looks good! Conky looks good like that with the rest of the desktop, it gives it a nice clean look.
Thank you Exploder. :D
Image

User avatar
dawgdoc
Level 9
Level 9
Posts: 2719
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:53 am
Location: Formerly of Kentucky, the land of Mint Juleps

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by dawgdoc » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

@ SpencerUK -- I like the look, you did a good job.

@ Katzedecimal -- Is that one of yours in the desktop photo? And is it in an apple tree? A former girlfriend had rats (and conures) and can recall spending a day at an animal fair where all they had was exotics. I think that was in Pasadena.
Image

SYSTEM: Compaq Presario CQ62 -- Mint 17 Cinnamon
READING: Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

Locked

Return to “Desktop Screenshots”