Hi from Texas

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
colyn

Hi from Texas

Post by colyn »

I just signed up. I'm not new to Linux but recently installed Linux Mint on my laptop which had Ubuntu 10.04.

I am currently downloading the KDE version to replace Kubuntu 10.04 on my desktop.

I like the look of Mint so much better.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Hi from Texas

Post by proxima_centauri »

Welcome to the Linux Mint community colyn. I hope you enjoy the new installation. :D
The Linux Mint IRC channels, #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat are also a great place to find support or have a friendly chat (autoconnects with XChat).
jroa

Post by jroa »

Welcome from an expatriated Texan. It should be an easy switch for you to go from Lucid to Mint. I did the same thing, except it was my desktop. I have not tried the KDE desktop yet, but I want to when I have time.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi colyn, and welcome to Linux Mint and the Mint community. I lived in Dallas in the old days ('69-'73). Saw the building of the Texas Rangers stadium, Six Flags, Love Field was still the airport. Cowboys home games were at the Cotton Bowl. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
colyn

Post by colyn »

Thanks to all for the welcome.

I am now viewing this site with my newly installed and updated Mint KDE desktop.

Everything went smooth as silk.
Saw the building of the Texas Rangers stadium, Six Flags, Love Field was still the airport. Cowboys home games were at the Cotton Bowl.
The good ole days..
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello colyn,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
Have a look at the community site http://community.linuxmint.com/ it has a lot of useful information.
colyn

Post by colyn »

oscar799 wrote:Hello colyn,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
Have a look at the community site http://community.linuxmint.com/ it has a lot of useful information.
Thanks and thanks for the link.

I'll be checking it out..
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

Welcome to Linux Mint.
Seems more than a few of Us have Ubuntu--for Mint
Checked out your site,nice pics--With a little Ginp the Random would make a great Mint wallpaper.
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome and enjoy the ride
colyn

Post by colyn »

OldManHook wrote:Welcome to Linux Mint.
Seems more than a few of Us have Ubuntu--for Mint
Checked out your site,nice pics--With a little Ginp the Random would make a great Mint wallpaper.
Thanks

I have so many photos I can't decide which to use as a desktop.

I guess I'll have to start by picking a few and working them up for that purpose..
colyn

Post by colyn »

staffie wrote:Welcome and enjoy the ride
Thanks

So far it's been a good ride... :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”