A Stranger in a Strangely Green Land

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Argent

A Stranger in a Strangely Green Land

Post by Argent »

Hi all,

I'm Curt, living in Chicago, IL, USA and I just made the jump to Linux Mint as my primary operating system.

In terms of who I am, I'm basically a slightly tech-savvy average consumer who wanted to get off the 'consumer' treadmill. At least as far as my OS goes. And I wanted to try something new after twenty-five years of using Windows for, well, everything.

After my first couple of days, I'm still excited and finding new things to like about Mint. I'm sure people will see my name browsing the self-help and 'for newbies' threads quite a bit and hopefully I can contribute something useful to the discussion once in a while.

Thanks to the Dev team for such a smooth transition and thanks to all of you in advance for putting up with yet another clueless newbie.

C>
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: A Stranger in a Strangely Green Land

Post by dawgdoc »

Argent,

Welcome to the Mint community. Feel free to ask for help and to offer help.
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Hi Argent,

Let me add my welcome to dawgdoc's. The forum is a great place to get help and advice, but check out the Mint Community Website and the IRC Chatrooms also. Lots of knowledgeable people in both who seldom, if ever, prowl the forum.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Argent,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is some very useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
Have fun
jesica

Post by jesica »

Hey, glad you are here,

Have fun
OperatorA

Post by OperatorA »

Hey "Stranger"
...I am a Linux/Mint newbie as well and your Header grabbed my attention...you must be a Heinlein fan...welcome and I'll sigh my name as "Woodrow Wilson Smith"...(LOL) Lets hope we all have "Time Enough For Love" and a "Cat Who Walks Through Walls"....
Larry (OperatorA)
Scottsburg In.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome Curt. Glad to have you here.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
MysticGold04

Post by MysticGold04 »

Welcome to the "Strange, Green Land", Argent. This is a great community. I have truly learned and gathered lots of experience in linux from just hanging around. :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

hey their

Return to “Introduce Yourself”