Linux Mint Fluxbox 9 stable

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rickard

Linux Mint Fluxbox 9 stable

Post by rickard »

Anyone know when it'll be released? I know there are no releases dates but would you guess within a month/6 months/1 year?

It's the single best OS I've tried! Everything works exactly the way I want! I'm using a HP mini. Well the only thing I would like added is better support for a second monitor. When I'm at home and using the big monitor I boot into Mint Gnome.

Rickard
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
string-serenade

Re: Linux Mint Fluxbox 9 stable

Post by string-serenade »

we are looking for it! and it'll come... :D
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

There's a development build in testing for a possible stable release right now. I have my fingers crossed that this one will make it.
wasp

Post by wasp »

Kendall wrote:There's a development build in testing for a possible stable release right now. I have my fingers crossed that this one will make it.
The RC version is already very stable! Thanks for the great job you do:)
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

Ok Kendall I ran all tests, this baby is ready for prime time IMHO. :D
jeffreyC

Post by jeffreyC »

If it is based on Lubuntu 10.04 how stable can it really be called ?
Lubuntu 10.04 is a beta release; not official Canonical, not LTS, not even a release candidate.

Not that I don't like it , but if it isn't LTS ?
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

jeffreyC wrote:If it is based on Lubuntu 10.04 how stable can it really be called ?
Lubuntu 10.04 is a beta release; not official Canonical, not LTS, not even a release candidate.

Not that I don't like it , but if it isn't LTS ?
It's stable when it's declared as such by the Mint testers and by Clem. Lubuntu pulls from the same code base as does Ubuntu, Kubuntu, etc. Just because they opted to call their release a Beta, it doesn't really mean anything as the entire system has been reworked for Mint. I just used it as it was closest to the package selection that I needed to build Mint Fluxbox.

Most of the reason that Lubuntu 10.04 is called a Beta has to do with minor UI inconsistencies and the fact that Lubuntu was rather anxious to start working on 10.10. Since Mint Fluxbox doesn't use LXDE this is a non-issue. Even with the LXDE edition I pulled the critical updates from development branches to get them into the stable Mint release.

Mint 9 Fluxbox will get Canonical security updates for the duration of the LTS support lifespan as will everything else based on the 10.04 code base that has the lucid-updates and lucid-security repositories enabled. Terms such as "stable" are very subjective and often have little to do with the actual stability in question. Here at Mint we have rather rigorous testing standards and nothing is declared "stable" until we feel it's ready.
jeffreyC

Post by jeffreyC »

Thank you, I hoped that would be so. Downloading now.

Return to “Software & Applications”