problem while compiling

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

We need more information!
Where did you compile, what did you compile and how (commands)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

looks like the code tar file was missing the install file that the configure script was checking for.
or there is an error in the configure script.

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Husse

Post by Husse »

Try downloading alsa-driver-1.0.14 again and/or check installation notes - possibly the install/configure script is on a separate download
Husse

Post by Husse »

:lol:
configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in "." "./.." "./../.."
This indicates that install.sh is not there (sorry for the obvious) and install.sh should be a part of the package and you are in the folder of the package. As the compiler is found the path should be OK. This leads to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the package.

Hmmm - or is install.sh a part of the compiler? If so a reinstall of gcc may be the solution
Only compile once in a while so I haven't collected much experience (of the errors)
Husse

Post by Husse »

Glad it works :)
Boo and I both presumed install.sh to be a part of the package - you can't know everything :o

Return to “Other topics”