Deactivation of touchpad "kills" keyboard and mouse SOLVED

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
asymmetros

Deactivation of touchpad "kills" keyboard and mouse SOLVED

Post by asymmetros »

Hello to everyone. While i was testing LMDE by using the livecd i notice the following problem:
(but before, let me explain that i have a hp laptop and this laptop has a button that deactivates touchpad each time you need do)

Now, i m launching the live cd, everything goes fine, till i press that button. Instantly, the keyboard freezes and does not respond at all. On the other hand, i can move mouse's cursor, i can use it to open any folder (or reboot my laptop, etc) but thats all. The cursor disappears when i try to focus inside a text editor, or a field -in anything you can write in it, i cannot even interfere with the panel by right-clicking on it, i can not use the scroll-down mint menu either.
So, by having no choice, i reboot the machine.

I faced this problem about five times in the row.
I m trying mouse-keyboard preferences through control center but till now, i didnt achieve anything by trying this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
notty

Re: Deactivation of touchpad "kills" keyboard and mouse

Post by notty »

I have an HP also, same thing happens with Mint 9. I never looked into why it happens, I just try and not hit that button. :/
asymmetros

Post by asymmetros »

The strange thing is that it works flawlessly with Isadora. It happens only with LMDE. Very frustrating
asymmetros

Post by asymmetros »

Right now, touchpad works properly even if i deactivate it properly. It was not due to a solution i have found, though i tried. Most probably an update.
So, i mark this topic as solved :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”