Trying Mint 10?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Trying Mint 10?

Post by tdockery97 »

So I'm wondering how many LMDE users are so satisfied with their new OS that they feel no need to try Mint 10. After all, what goes into Mint 10 will likely come to LMDE as well (and some of course already has). I'm happy and plan on keeping LMDE as my primary system permanently. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
linmint777

Re: Trying Mint 10?

Post by linmint777 »

the second day of its release and to test, became my primary OS.
and no need to test mint 10, well .....maybe curiosity.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

linmint777 wrote:well .....maybe curiosity.
I'll be curious too, but I'm gonna resist it because I know it can't pull me away from LMDE. :wink:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

Once Debian grabs you it is impossible to be happy with any other distro.

I have tried:
Xandros, PCLinuxOS, OpenSuse, Fedora, Mandrake, Kubuntu, Ubuntu, Kanotix, sidux, Freespire, Puppy, Vector, gOS

None can compare with the stability that Debian offers. And most have way less packages than Debian.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

And Debian does everything so darn well. I love that my suspend works now in Linux so I don't have to shutdown/reboot anymore.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

craigevil wrote:Once Debian grabs you it is impossible to be happy with any other distro.
None can compare with the stability that Debian offers. And most have way less packages than Debian.
I agree with everything craigevil has to say about Debian.

I have been using a Debian Sid install now for almost 2 years . . . I have yet, to have it be or act 'unstable'

And Debian does have to huge-est repositories of any OS in Linux.

I have LMDE on my Netbook . . . and there, it shall stay. I have no need to test either Ubuntu 10.10 or Mint-10 or any other distro. (maybe out of curiosity - someday)
tdockery97 wrote:And Debian does everything so darn well. I love that my suspend works now in Linux so I don't have to shutdown/reboot anymore.
On my main PC (Debian Sid) . . . my up-time -- is measured in weeks :lol:
runningman

Post by runningman »

No disrespect to clem ikey and other dev`s but i am loving LMDE ist just so damn stable and fast .So I won`t be trying LM10 sorry.I might try Epidemic or minmal Debian install With LDXE on my other machine just for fun.

Thanks again LMDE love it
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

I'll be trying Linux Mint 10 just like I try other distros, with no intention of keeping them on my hard drive. :wink:

LMDE is here to stay on my computer. :)
water spirit

Post by water spirit »

I have 3 computers and have a number of linux installs and as yet I am not using LMDE as the main on any of them, no complaint just waiting to see it develop. As for Mint 10, yes, most definitely, been using Ubuntu 10.10 and it is all good, excellent wireless support for an example and when the Mint developers finish tweaking it, it will be a good system. :D (Not knocking LMDE, I just like to have a few different Distros at the same time)
Last edited by water spirit on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
vooid

Post by vooid »

I think LMDE should be the main LM distro.
thfechter

Post by thfechter »

I wont try Mint 10 because LMDE is doing so damn well!
I think i found my distro.
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

I'll try it like I do with most distros. Usually via a virtualbox or usb boot. It looks like it will be another great release if Ubuntu 10.10 is anything to go by :)
pappfer

Post by pappfer »

Just like the majority of you guys I won't switch from LMDE either. It just works for me so good and it's a rolling release so I'll still taste Mint's new features (I'll get those even sooner). :)

I think if LMDE continuous to be so good and stable after Squeeze is released than this should be the main Linux Mint distro.
ronandiver

Post by ronandiver »

As a complete newbie,it seems that LDME was a huge step forward.

I'm totally new to Linux and it was the OS that was with my PC.

How far advanced was it compared to the previous efforts or am i wrong in my assumptions ?
asymmetros

Post by asymmetros »

I dont see any point to choose Mint10 instead for LMDE.
But i m intending to check Isadora's Fluxbox live cd, in order to see a different window manager (so far, gnome is no1 for me, xfce no2, kde no3)
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

hrm I'll also stick with LMDE......
I don't see any reason to go back to an ubuntu-based distro. Especially since I do assume that any minty improvements in mint 10 will hit lmde too eventually :mrgreen:
JayKay3000

Post by JayKay3000 »

I don't think so. I'm happy with the debian edition of mint at the moment. That could all change.

I'll let someone like thisweekinlinux do a video review for me or have a look at it in virtualbox.
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

craigevil wrote:Once Debian grabs you it is impossible to be happy with any other distro.

I have tried:
Xandros, PCLinuxOS, OpenSuse, Fedora, Mandrake, Kubuntu, Ubuntu, Kanotix, sidux, Freespire, Puppy, Vector, gOS

I'm with craig. I have no desires to go back to anything ubuntu to be honest.
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

A new Mint release is something I really enjoy using when it is released. The current LTS version is my workhorse but I also really enjoyed MDE when it came out. Today I am looking forward to installing the latest version when it is released but I don't know if it will be my main Mint version till I try it.
voss749
Level 2
Level 2

Post by voss749 »

I may switch my ubuntu desktops over to mint 10 but Im keeping my laptop with mint debian :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”