Walpappers look pixilated(solved)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cudayne

Walpappers look pixilated(solved)

Post by cudayne »

I have tried regular mint, Ubuntu,open suse an now mint Debian edition they all have this problem.

The wallpapers you get with install look fine i go on-line an get new ones they alway appear pixilated like they been zoomed in way too much.

I have made sure there the same resolution as screen even got only ones that are scale able. It doesn't matter.

Tried default drivers for video an the proprietary ones makes no difference.

The odd thing is KDE distros aka... Kubuntu, mint KDE(what I am using now) manderva don't have the problem.

just wondering what i can do too fix this i put mint Debian (the last mint i tried) back on my virtual-box due too wanting too run it but i want too get the gnome problem figured out.

Other things have tried switching video cards an monitors. no difference made.

I figure its something with how gnome renders the image but no idea just a guess I am pretty sure its something simple an silly.

Video card is an n-vidia 7600 an an e machines tft19w80pw+
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
newfie

Re: Walpappers look pixilated

Post by newfie »

In the appearance window, check the different settings. Zoom, Centred, scaled, etc.
cudayne

Post by cudayne »

tried them all no difference here is the kicker IF i select tiled the image is tiny tiles on the screen but if you look at them there no pix-lated they look correct. THough if i try scale or fit too screen or the other options they look horrid thanks for the responce.
Binx

Post by Binx »

cudayne wrote:tried them all no difference here is the kicker IF i select tiled the image is tiny tiles on the screen but if you look at them there no pix-lated they look correct. THough if i try scale or fit too screen or the other options they look horrid thanks for the responce.
Sorry to but in, but, if you select tile and you see tiny tiles on the screen, that is the actual size of the picture, so i think you have downloaded the thunbnail of the picture that you wanted, my wife does that all the time. :lol:
cudayne

Post by cudayne »

maybe so but i dont know how. I right click on desktop click the link get more wallpapers online make sure the size of the image matches the screen size right click the image an set as desktop background. is there another way maybe i am not going it right.
Binx

Post by Binx »

cudayne wrote:maybe so but i dont know how. I right click on desktop click the link get more wallpapers online make sure the size of the image matches the screen size right click the image an set as desktop background. is there another way maybe i am not going it right.
Click the image first, let it load in your browser, then right click on the image and select save. hope this helps :D
cudayne

Re: Walpappers look pixilated(solved)

Post by cudayne »

that worked i dont know why it did butit did.

Return to “MATE”