your Linux non-Mint screenshots

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
azathoth

your Linux non-Mint screenshots

Post by azathoth »

I noticed all the Mint editions have screenshot threads but I didn't see one here so if you've got a favorite distro you've been giving some love to, I guess you can post it here if you like. Mac and Windows at your own risk. (Hey, whatever blows your skirts up. It's a free country) :lol:

This is my Arch setup, it's pretty much my baby. The things I love most about Arch is that you roll your own and it's exactly what you make it and this one kicks serious ass even if I do say so myself. It's blazingly fast, extremely stable and powerful yet remarkably light. No bloat and all the goodies you want. And Arch is arguably the most flexible distro of them all with the possible exception of LFS.
Putting together an Arch system is a lot of fun and you learn a lot about Linux internals and BSD style scripting.
The basics are in my sig.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kvv

Re: your Linux non-Mint screenshots

Post by kvv »

Nice screenshots Azaroth! The first image seriously kicks ass.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

What media player is that in the first screenshot (on the right)
azathoth

Post by azathoth »

kvv wrote:Nice screenshots Azaroth! The first image seriously kicks ass.
Thank you, I'm pretty happy with it. Runs great, does everyhting and it looks pretty good too.
The theme is Elegant-Gnome 1.0 by arobase. I got mine off the AUR but the pack is also available on Deviant Art.

Carl wrote:What media player is that in the first screenshot (on the right)
Banshee 1.8.1. It's stable on Arch although I understand some of the newer builds have been problematic on Debian based distros (not sure about 1.8.x.) I've been using 1.6.1 or Exaile w/ex falso on my debis.
-edit Oops, the other right lol. The one with the nuke going off is Miro 3.5, :oops:
Can't see Banshee in the first one, it's hiding behind Nautilus lol. God, I hate early senility.

Return to “Chat about Linux”