Mint is awesome

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rudemeister

Mint is awesome

Post by Rudemeister »

I thought I would introduce myself. I'm somewhat of a nerd. Have been for 57 years. But anyway, I have been running Mandriva Linux for the past few years. I haven't done much distro hopping. I do have a machine that I use as an experimental one. I have tried just about every major distro there is, except Mint. Well, I finally install Mint 9 32 bit. Very very nice. I think I may have found a new keeper for a Linux distro.

Keep up the good work. I'll fiddle the the Debian based one maybe later. So far this one is awesome.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Mint is awesome

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi Rudemeister, and welcome to the Mint forums. Yes, Mint 9 is indeed a keeper. Once you get familiar with Mint 9, go ahead and check out Mint Debian; but keep in mind that there are some things that are a little more difficult to accomplish in Debian. And there are 1 or 2 things (Google Earth for one) that have a reputation of not playing nice at all with Debian. It works ok for some, but myself and some others never could get it to work. Have fun.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Rudemeister,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
jesica

Post by jesica »

welcome and hope you enjoy the stay
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

I just did a fresh install of Mint 10. Wow, this just keeps getting better and better. This is the best distro going yet.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Welcome to the forums. enjoy your Mint Experience.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

Welcome Rudemeister! The forums are great too. Enjoy your stay! Mint is truly awesome and I finally got the patience to get my LMDE setup and running well...loving it.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”