RC > Final releases

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrTeeth

RC > Final releases

Post by DrTeeth »

Could somebody PLEASE give a definitive answer to the following...I am not the only one asking. The answer is a simple 'yes' or 'no'.

Have the level 1 + 2 updates that would take the RC of LM10 to the release version been released yet? Since the release of LM10 final, I have not seen any additional releases. I need to know so I can decide whether to install the final release or carry on this my RC install on several PCs.

Thanks

DrT
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: RC > Final releases

Post by willie42 »

By what I know Mint 10 Julia has been finalized and released. If you have it installed then you should be good to go and should not have to reinstall it.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth »

willie42 wrote:By what I know Mint 10 Julia has been finalized and released. If you have it installed then you should be good to go and should not have to reinstall it.
Thanks for your reply. As much as I agree with it, it does not give the definitive answer I am looking for.

With kind regards,

DrT
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

The updates that you are asking about were released while the RC was still the only version out. If you have kept up with the updates to the RC as they were released, you should not have a spate of updates to install to upgrade to the final release. You are already there.

In fact, you probably had the final release version before those who waited to install the final release when it was issued.
DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth »

Aging Technogeek wrote:The updates that you are asking about were released while the RC was still the only version out. If you have kept up with the updates to the RC as they were released, you should not have a spate of updates to install to upgrade to the final release. You are already there.

In fact, you probably had the final release version before those who waited to install the final release when it was issued.
That may well be. It does not explain the big difference in size between the RC DVD and the final DVD...about 150MB IIRC.

DrT
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

The RC with is release canidate is the DVD without all of the fixes and additions made. the final has all the fixes and addition that make it the final release. if you had the RC then the updates send thru the update manager should have added these thoughout the process.

hope this helped
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

The rc was a 695MB file, not a DVD. Check it. It's still on the mirrors. Additional items had to be added through Mint Welcome.

Mint 10 final has both a 695MB CD image and an 832MB DVD image.

Therefore, IF you added the items linked to in Mint Welcome, and IF you did your updates regularly, you had the Mint 10 Final release just before or by the time Mint 10 final images were posted.

And that's my final answer, Regis. :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth »

tdockery97 wrote: And that's my final answer, Regis. :D
That's good enough for me :D. I thought I saw both CD and DVD versions of RC :oops:.

Tnx,

DrT
Gramps50

Post by Gramps50 »

You can also look at System Monitor/System and it should tell the version that is installed. I installed RC1 and mine now says Release 10 (julia)
it use to say Release 10 RC1 (julia)

Return to “Non-technical Questions”