Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cra1g321

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by cra1g321 »

Seen this wallpaper on the forum and just had to theme my desktop with it. As i did last time i went for black and green.

*Source
Controls & Windows Border - DrakFire Black - http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=135009
Icons - ACYL (Any colour you like) - http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=102435
Wallpaper (Created by t0m0) - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 23#p346223

For some reason the menu icon is vibrant navy blue, not bothering me yet but eventually will lol

***Just want to say thanks to t0m0 for creating the 2 wallpapers, they look amazing and was exactly the kind of wallpaper i was looking for :)

Image Image Image
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

cra1g321 wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:Some Oz Unity. :D
Those screenshots definitely make unity look more implemented/blended in
ive seen screenshots of unity where it just looks like something plastered over the desktop but your screenshots make it look like it is the desktop :)
Thank you craig, appreciate the kinds words. Here is some Oz Unity via Gnome DE. :D

Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Very nicely done mmesantos1 8)
mintmaniac2
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mintmaniac2 »

very nice, mmesantos1 - i was wondering how you got that setup in nautilus - with the breadcrumbs and back/forward/home on the same line. it saves a lot of space, how do you do it?
sudo apt-get purge win7 && sudo apt-get install Freedom
You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

oscar799 wrote:Very nicely done mmesantos1 8)
Thank you oscar799. :D
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

mintmaniac2 wrote:very nice, mmesantos1 - i was wondering how you got that setup in nautilus - with the breadcrumbs and back/forward/home on the same line. it saves a lot of space, how do you do it?
Thank you mintmaniac2, I am using elementary nautilus. I added it through Ubuntu Tweak, it has the option to add PPA for elementary desktop. Once PPA aded you do sudo apt-get update then it will show as an update for nautilus after you run update you will have this version of nautilus. :D
maxheadway

Post by maxheadway »

Mint 10 (installed last Thursday)...

Font: Ubuntu font
Icons: Mint-X-Faenza
Terminal colours: Text #494949, Background #ffffdd

Otherwise, it's the same as the default settings!
Last edited by maxheadway on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

Current one now:

Wallpaper was from someone here, forget who it was but it was an excellent job.
cra1g321

Post by cra1g321 »

maxheadway wrote:Mint 10 (installed last Thursday)...#
That is amazing looking ! very clean and efficient.

Nice work 8)
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

Wow maxheadway and LonM33, great looking dekstops. Thanks for sharing. :D
maxheadway

Post by maxheadway »

cra1g321 wrote:That is amazing looking ! very clean and efficient.
Well, that's pretty much how it looks out of the box! Just a couple of minor tweaks, otherwise it's a real credit to the graphic design team.
Last edited by maxheadway on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

maxheadway wrote:Mint 10 (installed last Thursday)...
That looks sweet! I can't wait to play with Mint 10 KDE.
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

maxheadway wrote:Well, that's pretty much how it looks out of the box! Just a couple of minor tweaks, otherwise it's a real credit to the graphic design team.
I couldn't get into the Mint 10 default wallpaper. The concept of 1's and 0's was good but not my cup of tea. The brushed metal theme was great as was the use of the newer Faenza icons. I really like the newer Firefox icon. The old one needed a change IMO. The Thunderbird icon is cool too, looking like a postage stamp. There wasn't any default Faenza icon for the Pinta app so I made my own.
Leit

Post by Leit »

mmesantos1 wrote:
cra1g321 wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:Some Oz Unity. :D
Those screenshots definitely make unity look more implemented/blended in
ive seen screenshots of unity where it just looks like something plastered over the desktop but your screenshots make it look like it is the desktop :)
Thank you craig, appreciate the kinds words. Here is some Oz Unity via Gnome DE. :D

Is This really Unity? I can't beleve it could look that good xD
mintmaniac2
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mintmaniac2 »

Mmesantos1 Wrote:
mintmaniac2 wrote:
very nice, mmesantos1 - i was wondering how you got that setup in nautilus - with the breadcrumbs and back/forward/home on the same line. it saves a lot of space, how do you do it?
Thank you mintmaniac2, I am using elementary nautilus. I added it through Ubuntu Tweak, it has the option to add PPA for elementary desktop. Once PPA aded you do sudo apt-get update then it will show as an update for nautilus after you run update you will have this version of nautilus.
Thanks mmesantos1 i have been trying to find the option for that for ages now, but now i have it.
Edit:I said that when i was updating, but for some reason it hasn't worked. Ive got the tweaks options in teh preferences, but when i check the boxes, they don't do anything and uncheck themselves.
Last edited by mintmaniac2 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sudo apt-get purge win7 && sudo apt-get install Freedom
You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

Thank you Leit,
I logged into the Gnome session in Oz Unity just to show that you have a Choice of De's, if you did not like the UNR you can always log into the Gnome session from the GDM. :D
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

mintmaniac2 wrote:
Mmesantos1 Wrote:
mintmaniac2 wrote:
Thank you mintmaniac2, I am using elementary nautilus. I added it through Ubuntu Tweak, it has the option to add PPA for elementary desktop. Once PPA aded you do sudo apt-get update then it will show as an update for nautilus after you run update you will have this version of nautilus.
Thanks mmesantos1 i have been trying to find the option for that for ages now, but now i have it.
Your welcome,
I am glad I was able to help mintmaniac2. :)
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

I am actually going to try this when get home either today or Thursday morning......Awesome Graphics
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

OK I am posting this to show a new GTK theme, Hope, you can alter the color scheme to whatever you prefer, I set mine to go with my wall in the screenshot. :D

GTK Theme: Hope: http://0rax0.deviantart.com/art/Hope-GT ... -187658025
GTK's Needed for this GTK theme: Elementary, add from Ubuntu Tweak. / Murine GTK: Via PPA: Need to add latest Murine GTK: https://launchpad.net/~murrine-daily/+archive/ppa
Wallpaper: Fantasy Picture 3: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2 ... 33s2jy.jpg

Beerislife

Post by Beerislife »

Nothing outstanding but works for me :mrgreen: Had to shrink it a bit, too large for the forum...
Should add it's Kubuntu 10.10 as there's no sign of Mint 10 RC yet :)

Return to “Screenshots”