Linux Mint Case Badges

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

I would love to get a few too!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Until something becomes official, I've been toying with the idea of making the case badges by hand. If enough people chime in on this post I'll go ahead and make a handful of them. Obviously I'll charge for them, but some of that money I will donate to Mint. :D

So who is interested?
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

I am in - depending on how much 4 or 5. I am in the USA too!
if i may suggest a nice darker one or black that goes into the dark Green Mint logo of some sort!
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

I was thinking of doing it my self but I am not good with these kind of things.
Here is what I was going to shrink down and use.
Probably would have to edit it to just say Powered by Linux Mint.
Here are 2 others I made.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

merlwiz, those are really nice.
Print them on a 1-inch or wider address label (after rotating 90 deg.). Put them on your computer case and cover them with clear packaging tape cut a little larger than the label. Works well for me.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

calumc, if you found a seller for that price, please share the link. I've been looking and so far no luck for smaller quantities in that price range.

So what I have found at this point is the DIY kits for the clear 1 inch domed case badges. Roughly without any printing on them they will cost about $1.50 a piece. Then you figure the cost of printing and large amount of labor to cut it all up and put all together and postage, I'm thinking either $4.50 to $4 depending on if I feel that the amount of work was alot. Of course, I would also like to donate some of that money to Linux Mint. The nice thing about going this route is that I can customize the logo o be either on any color background, so light or dark version will be available.

The 2nd option, which I'm waiting to get pricing information on. Is 1 inch square vinyl stickers. These come in rolls of 500! And would be limited to 2 or 3 colors. Full color versions for that low of quantity is very expensive (we're talking a couple of hundred dollars). So that will not be an option at least at this point. So I don't have a price yet, so I will get back to everybody when I find out more. One thing about having these stickers is that they are more versatile, since they are nice and flat and can take a beating.

So if people are still interested, please post here. But understand this is not an official product and more of a side thing for me to do. :)
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
phantommaggot
Level 2
Level 2

Post by phantommaggot »

if you could just do the LM logo with the leaf. using the outer edge of the leaf as the shape.. that would be teh awesome. id slap on all the machines i put LM on at school :)
as well as my own :)
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

katasuka wrote:NOTE: All done, now the stickers come with 6 badges at 1in x 2in.. A note to merlwiz79, if you can provide an image of each badge at 1in x 2in in png format at 300dpi then I will use that.
Not sure how to do that. :?
All I know is it's a png at 125x187 pixels.
katasuka wrote:BTW: If merlwiz79 wants me to remove these, just let me know. I only added them in hopes of it being useful to all.
I wouldn't do that, though these were just samples of what I made a long time ago.
I didn't think these would be used.
Just giving an idea really.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Nice - so these an be ordered now? I suggest adding $1.00 to the price and the extra goes to Mint for support. Sounds fair all around.

Thanks!
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

katasuka wrote:as for adding $1 as a markup, I'll let merlwiz79 tell me if thats ok to do since its his artwork. and if anyone else has artwork for linux mint case badges, i can add them to.
Sounds fine by me.
Here is the image redone to the correct size.
I think we need to have someone else improve it more.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

I personally like the newest Dark Green Mint Wallpaper that i saw posted here yesterday I beleive. I think that would make a great One!!!!

by verdegal33....

http://www.divshare.com/img/display/2029003-ce5

that is absoslutely gorgeous!
or even the one that has from fredom comes elegance that is a bit lighter in color.

Super stuff.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

yes that is a nice one too!!!! Nice Job!!! I'd take that too.
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Post by nelamvr6 »

Well count me in, I'm definitely interested!
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

@calumc
That's some great work.
I only wish I could be that good, but I don't have the patience to actually work that hard on creating an image.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

I just ordered Calimc's black bagge with theTux! The Black ones look so nice! Thanks!
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

I imagine it would not be very cheap to buy and ship them to Europe... :(
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

kanishka wrote:I imagine it would not be very cheap to buy and ship them to Europe... :(
Hello Kanishka , i just ordered 2 casse bagge i the price of the transportation + the logos to Spain is of 9.58$.
Greetings:
Agust
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

Hey Katasuka , You have to put the link direct.
The prices of I send to Europe they are but or less 4.50$

Items:
1 - Linux Mint Case Badge Design 1 by Calumc/172647043

1 - Linux Mint Case Badge Design 3 by Merlwi/172354030

====================================================
Subtotal: $6.98
Shipping: $4.50
TOTAL: $11.48

Thank you Katasuka , good work :wink:
Agust
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

I waited to buy under the new price so it was my sales that went to Mint. I Believe that is the least we could all do. I noticed the price difference this A.M.. I also noticed the new case badge of Calumc too.

Maybe there is a way of Clem doing a 1 time patron donation instead of the monthly thing. That way you could send/deposit different amounts whenever there are sales. I also bet that maybe there would be more random contributors that do not have feel locked in to a monthly payment/contribution.

just a thought.
Last edited by GrayWizardLinux on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

verdegal37 wrote:Hello Kanishka , i just ordered 2 casse bagge i the price of the transportation + the logos to Spain is of 9.58$.
Greetings:
Agust
Whoah nice!!! :D :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”