Not Detecting Android Phone.[Solved]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
inktitan

Not Detecting Android Phone.[Solved]

Post by inktitan »

When I plug in an Android Huawei Ascend phone my Mint Debian does not mount it. I can run lsusb and it is right there. I am unable to access anything on this phone. Any thoughts. I'm not getting much info on Google or here in the forum. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Not Detecting Android Phone.

Post by willie42 »

try using Gigolo. I dont have an Android phone or anything. It is what people use for their Ipods I believe. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can help you but its a start anyways.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
inktitan

Post by inktitan »

willie42 wrote:try using Gigolo. I dont have an Android phone or anything. It is what people use for their Ipods I believe. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can help you but its a start anyways.
Thanks for the speedy response but it didn't work. I think I need to install the drivers for it. But I don't know where I would find them.
ChromeMukuro

Post by ChromeMukuro »

i too have an android phone. if you are looking for pc mode windows media storage to work, i do not believe they will without drivers. if you are seeking only to mount the sd card, make sure you set it to usb mass storage mode, and the computer will treat the sd card like a flashdrive. just drag and drop music into the music folder on the sd card, and the phones native music app will find the music. i know this is not an android forum, but i would suggest downloading ASTRO file manager for your phone. helps when finding downloads and videos you may save to your phone
inktitan

Post by inktitan »

It's actually a friends phone and he is new to the World of Smart Phones. It automatically connects to Windows machines and he can't find the mass storage option. Any idea where I would find the drivers for it if I need them?
ChromeMukuro

Post by ChromeMukuro »

drivers: not too sure, google, though i dont know if there are any.

to find mass storage: after plugging in the phone to the computer, unlock it so you are at the home screen. drag down the notification bar, and there should be an "ongoing" notification that it is plugged in to a computer. select it, choose "USB Mass Storage" off the resulting list, and badabingo, insta-flashdrive.
inktitan

Post by inktitan »

Thanks a bunch.

Return to “LMDE Archive”