mplayer firefox plugin

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tsg1zzn
Level 1
Level 1

mplayer firefox plugin

Post by tsg1zzn »

I want to disable the mplayer plugin for mp3 files, so that they are instead downloaded when I click a link ending in .mp3 or with that mime type. I do not want to disable the mplayer for other file formats. I have tried to uncheck mp3 in the configuration for the mplayer plugin but it doesn't do anything.

How can do this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: mplayer firefox plugin

Post by scorp123 »

tsg1zzn wrote:I want to disable the mplayer plugin for mp3 files, so that they are instead downloaded when I click a link ending in .mp3
Why don't you just do a right-click on them and then select "Save Target as ... " ? :wink:
tsg1zzn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tsg1zzn »

1. Because I NEVER want mplayer to handle it. But several times a day I want to download. So it's a waste to constantly right-click.
2. Half of the links are broken. If I click one of these, I get a 404 error page displayed by Firefox, else it should download (currently it's opened by mplayer). If I use Save Link As then it saves the file even if it's a 404 page. Which is very annoying.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Post by grimdestripador »

There is a web browser that looks and acts like iTunes. Its amazingly great and called songbird. You can get it most easily by installing automatix http://www.getautomatix.com

When you view a page (looks like firefox) it looks at the embed tags of the page and extracts all playable links. It then lists in an iTunes like frame.

Googleseaching i found:

Return to “Sound”