LMDE with Gnome 2.32?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
IIJETHROII

LMDE with Gnome 2.32?

Post by IIJETHROII »

Hi everybody,

First i want to say that i am glad to be part of the Mint community.

My first question is about Gnome. Is it possible to install the latest Gnome desktop on LMDE?
If so, can anybody tell me how to do this?

The gnome version with LMDE is ugly i think.

Thank you

PS: Dont take care about my english... Its not my primary language.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gotjazz

Re: LMDE with Gnome 2.32?

Post by gotjazz »

could it be that you just want another theme? 2.30 and 2.32 dont really look any different......

2.32 might be in unstable btw
IIJETHROII

Post by IIJETHROII »

Ok i'm gonna try it...
sumski

Post by sumski »

http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.32/

as you can see there isn't anything new that would be worth bothering with upgrading to 2.32

also , as gotjazz said you can try to change the theme :D
IIJETHROII

Post by IIJETHROII »

Everything is OK! :)
blowtorch

Post by blowtorch »

IIJETHROII wrote:Everything is OK! :)
how'd u upgrade?
IIJETHROII

Post by IIJETHROII »

blowtorch wrote:how'd u upgrade?
This is'nt an upgrade of Gnome but a simple customisation of my desktop. I downloaded all the themes available in synaptic and then i choose one. And then i've installed a new icons theme, wich is Faenza Cupertino+Variants 1.0. And then i've switch the menu icon for a new one.

That's it!

But i am working on creating new wallpapers for LMDE because i think there's no really great one. I'm talking about Mint wallpaper... Cuz it's cool to be back on Debian but it still Linux Mint! :)

blowtorch

Post by blowtorch »

IIJETHROII wrote:
blowtorch wrote:how'd u upgrade?
This is'nt an upgrade of Gnome but a simple customisation of my desktop. I downloaded all the themes available in synaptic and then i choose one. And then i've installed a new icons theme, wich is Faenza Cupertino+Variants 1.0. And then i've switch the menu icon for a new one.

That's it!

But i am working on creating new wallpapers for LMDE because i think there's no really great one. I'm talking about Mint wallpaper... Cuz it's cool to be back on Debian but it still Linux Mint! :)

ah ok gotcha! +1 for faenza cupertino + variants ... thats what i'm also using
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

carla23 wrote:And if compare XFCE and LMDE
From my understanding, XFCE is more lightweight, while LMDE uses gnome. Is this true? Any other differences? Anybody run either of these and can share an opinion?

Thanks.
Next to Gnome, LMDE is also available in Xfce. And the KDE and Fluxbox versions of Linux Mint are moving to the LMDE base also. (Ubuntu based Linux mint will keep Gnome and LXDE.)

FYI a recent comparison of the memory footprint & CPU utilization of different DEs: http://www.renewablepcs.com/about-linux ... me-or-xfce

Return to “LMDE Archive”