Greetings to one and all from me! AKA, Steven Lake!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Steven Lake

Greetings to one and all from me! AKA, Steven Lake!

Post by Steven Lake »

Hello everyone, I figure it's time to formally introduce myself. I'm Steven Lake, former owner and chief editor of the Raiden's Realm Linux Tech Site (www.raiden.net) which is now owned by Burfoot. (if you get a chance, give him a hand. They're still strong supporters of Mint just as I am) My primary occupations these days involve cloud application development, documentation maintenance and creation, newbie introduction to Linux, as well as end user training, Linux centric network, server and systems deployment and development, and I'm the writer and creator of Cloud Wind CMS (currently in version 3.0). I'm also an accomplished sci-fi writer with 5 books in print and two more on the way. I hope to become good friends with all of you around here and even become a contributing member to Linux Mint at some point, as it's my number one distribution of choice, and used almost exclusively in all of my network and system deployments.

Also, I'll state up from that while I know a lot and I'm fairly well experienced, I don't know everything. So if I seem to be asking a lot of questions from time to time, please bare with me as I'm simply trying to learn as much as I can in order to help others, and further promote Linux to the world. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Greetings to one and all from me! AKA, Steven Lake!

Post by willie42 »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums :D
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Hey, I know you! I read your reviews for years. You do great work. Oh yeah, welcome to the forums. :D
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Welcome to LinuxMint and the Mint Forums.

I still belong to the Raiden's Realm Forum. :lol:
Steven Lake

Post by Steven Lake »

rivenathos: Yes, I've done tons of tech writing in the Linux world, mostly newbie focused. I don't do much anymore due to time restraints between my programming and sci-fi writing, but I do plan to get back into it again at some point. I hope all the work I did helped a lot of people. :)

vrkalak: Excellent! What username do you go under? I still visit there from time to time and help out. I even help out with some of the admin tasks there as well. BTW, if you get the time, they're still working on an "Introduction to Linux" presentation course that I pioneered a few years back that was designed to allow people to go into their local communities and introduce Linux to the masses. It's still not done yet, but it's pretty close, so if you or someone else wants to help out, I'm sure they would appreciate the help. :) I think the biggest thing that needs work is the sideshow presentation. Since I'm not very good at that kind of stuff, if someone else who was good at it could tackle it, that I think would finally get things ready for release.

To everyone: Thanks for the welcome! :D
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums, Steve.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

Welcome to Linux Forums Steven from where I stand I see this to be the friendliest group of people trying to help anywhere.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Steven Lake wrote:vrkalak: Excellent! What username do you go under? I still visit there from time to time and help out.
Always, use the same username and avatar -- all over the internets > vrkalak 8)
jesica

Post by jesica »

hallo and welcome to the forum

Return to “Introduce Yourself”