Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jeffreyC

Re: How to install latest chromium-brouser in LMDE

Post by jeffreyC »

Looks like frickelplatz.de is back now.
Scorpio_Snake

Post by Scorpio_Snake »

I just installed chromium-browser from experimental http://packages.debian.org/experimental ... um-browser on my LMDE and it runs great. It is actually up to version 9.0.597.19 now.

I might have to check out frickelplatz.de.
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

I just downloaded the deb of Google Chrome and using that instead now...got the current stable version which is way beyond the chromium Debian currently provides...plus it adds the updater and i will get newer stable version direct from google....
I find it works better then the chromium version that is in LMDE right now...It's faster, does flash better (has it's own flash)...and "hangs up" far less...
Even has it's own "built in" pdf reader...

Yes, i know about the tracker that personalizes your "surfing ads"...but you get them anyway when you use yahoo and google search engines, so who cares? and anyway, i would rather see ads that are geared to my interests then random ones, anyway :wink:

Chrome is my primary browser and is the only one application i care about having the latest and current..debian can send me updates on my other applications whenever they feel they are ready...that is fine with me...
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

craig10x wrote:I find it works better then the chromium version that is in LMDE right now...It's faster, does flash better (has it's own flash)...and "hangs up" far less...
Even has it's own "built in" pdf reader...
Yes, I find these extra features are worth it.
craig10x wrote:Yes, i know about the tracker that personalizes your "surfing ads"...but you get them anyway when you use yahoo and google search engines, so who cares?
Who cares? Not me.

Return to “LMDE Archive”